An Old School Catholic Message Board

For entertainment purposes only:

popestpiusx

Noel's angel

I don't feel anger as much as sorrow and disappointment. God gave priests a wonderful gift and these men are making a mockery of that. How can people be expected to respect a priest that doesn't respect the gift God has given him?

OverheadNite

And I think the title of this thread is dissrespectful. This shouldn't be entertainment at all. This is disgusting. God have mercy!

Stop associating the desire for justice and demand for reverence with being uncharitable.

Did Jesus give the money changers in the temple the benefit of the doubt?

[quote name='Luthien' date='Apr 13 2006, 01:50 PM']Stop associating the desire for justice and demand for reverence with being uncharitable.

[right][snapback]946149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Jesus was at the temple, I wasn't at the RE conference. I agree that these pictures are horrible and we should be appalled. But comparing that Mass to Nazi rallies is just a bit over the top for me.

OverheadNite

[quote name='Luthien' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:50 AM']Stop associating the desire for justice and demand for reverence with being uncharitable.

[right][snapback]946149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Boo YAH!

Go Laura!

[quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:59 AM']Jesus was at the temple, I wasn't at the RE conference. I agree that these pictures are horrible and we should be appalled.  But comparing that Mass to Nazi rallies is just a bit over the top for me.
[right][snapback]946154[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think Keysers point was that like the Nazis and nazism, these Catholics go along with anything Mahoney tells them to do, even though its against the Churches teachings.

OverheadNite

[quote name='Luthien' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:01 AM']I think Keysers point was that like the Nazis and nazism, these Catholics go along with anything Mahoney tells them to do, even though its against the Churches teachings.
[right][snapback]946157[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yep thats definately it...
I read it too him and hes told me so!

I think the Nazi picture needs to go. I can't believe any of you would put that up. Am I the only person here who constantly has to defend B16 from people comparing him and his waves to the Nazis? Things like that certainly won't help.

Most of the people there are probably mislead young people who have been encouraged "to express themselves and be happy about God." That is NOT their fault---we need them to see how vibrant orthodoxy is, not compare them to Nazis.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:06 AM']I think the Nazi picture needs to go. I can't believe any of you would put that up. Am I the only person here who constantly has to defend B16 from people comparing him and his waves to the Nazis? Things like that certainly won't help.

Most of the people there are probably mislead young people who have been encouraged "to express themselves and be happy about God." That is NOT their fault---we need them to see how vibrant orthodoxy is, not compare them to Nazis.
[right][snapback]946164[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

HEY! That is certainly not the point!!!! Holy cow! His point was that people don't question abuse and just go along wiith it! Why is it whenever someone has something negative to say about unorthodoxy, we get shot down? Seriously? I dont understand why its okay to bash Trads(not sspx) but we're considered uncharitable.\\

You know what, read the posts before you formulate a response.

OverheadNite

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:06 AM']I think the Nazi picture needs to go. I can't believe any of you would put that up. Am I the only person here who constantly has to defend B16 from people comparing him and his waves to the Nazis? Things like that certainly won't help.

[right][snapback]946164[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
But what they are seeing isn't even close to orthodoxy...Like Luthien said, Keysey was proving a point. The LA diocese is one of the worst diocese in this country. And that "cardinal" over there needs to be excommunicated. He doesn't deserve to be called a Cardinal. Stop being so wishy washy, it makes me sick. Keyser put it out there plain to see and it hurts everyones eyes, like we've never seen evil before. Whats going on in LA is evil. Nuff said. :maddest:

I don't think it's okay to bash anyone. :mellow:

I also don't think me posting on this thread is a good idea either - so I'm just gonna stop. Sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my goal.

OverheadNite

[quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:14 AM']I don't think it's okay to bash anyone.  :mellow:

I also don't think me posting on this thread is a good idea either - so I'm just gonna stop.  Sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my goal.
[right][snapback]946177[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thank you.

and THAT is my diocese :sadder: fellow Californians, don't take this as an attack on you! take it for what it is! a wake up call for the insane amounts of liturgical abuse and poor catechesis of our young people that happens here! :madrant:

people come from all over the COUTNRY for that monstrosity of a conference. i am SO glad i didn't have to go this year.

while a bit of strectch, the Nazi picture is accurate in its suggestion of blind obedience to a shepherd leading his flock over a liturgical cliff.....

2 years ago, the preparation of the gifts dance (oh yea, the pics don't show that the liturgical dancing happens like 4 times during MAss) was EXPLICITYLY sexual with gyrations over the altar. nice huh? :rolleyes:

this is conference for catechesis in the largest diocese in the United States. Good thing He promised never to destroy the world with floods again, because Congress just seems to invite them. LA Archdiocese really needs to just start from scratch.

:sadwalk: back to my diocese. May God have mercy on our souls....

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Daniel9' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:37 AM']Perhaps you could take the time to mention the event where the Mass was held.  That might clear up some of the "weirdness."  Maybe you think such theatrical settings are a regular occurrence out here in Los Angeles.  Get the whole story, please!  <_<
[right][snapback]946049[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, the setting is the scariest part--it's a religious education conference. Those who are in attendence are supposed to be bringing back their newfound knowledge and experiences to their own parishes. Wouldn't it only be natural that some participants would think of incorporating things like the liturgical dance, the drama scenes, and the universal participation in the consecration (i.e. everyone holding up their right hand)?