An Old School Catholic Message Board

For entertainment purposes only:

popestpiusx

popestpiusx

My apologies. I did not intend to imply that the people that live in LA are at fault (unless they are participating in the nonsense). I was, rather, referring only to the official diocesan structure.

LA is far from being the only wacky diocese.

I've never been to a good Mass in the diocese of Joliet. I'm sure there are other places that are similar, too. Even in my archdiocese, wacky stuff goes on. Last Sunday we didn't hear the Gospel proclaimed to us, instead it was a group of high teenagers "presenting" it silently to a classical music soundtrack. This is in St. Louis at a Church not too far from the Cathedral.

OverheadNite

Wow that is the most shocking display of a "Mass" if you want to call it that. It looks like a broadway musical. That fiasco is grounds for excommunication. Thats blasphemous. And I thought Maine was in trouble in certain areas. Not even close. LA needs prayers.

Keyser Soze

[img]http://www.recongress.org/2006/pix/YDlit/med_DSC_0439.jpg[/img]
[img]http://webs.wichita.edu/depttools/DeptToolsMemberFiles/shockermag/7/nazi_crowd_salute.jpg[/img]

The similarity is shocking.

[quote name='popestpiusx' date='Apr 12 2006, 07:25 PM']
For the sake of charity (especially here in the midst of the holiest week of the year), I shall refrain from comment. Enjoy the pics:

Perhaps you could take the time to mention the event where the Mass was held. That might clear up some of the "weirdness." Maybe you think such theatrical settings are a regular occurrence out here in Los Angeles. Get the whole story, please! <_<

[quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 12:25 PM']The similarity is shocking.
[right][snapback]946026[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah. I'm pretty sure they were giving a blessing to someone. While not reccommended anywhere that I know of, I don't think that's technically an [i]abuse[/i] persay.

While all of these pictures are sad, I don't see the fruit of making fun of/gawking at litugical abuses.

Keyser Soze

[quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:39 AM']Yeah, yeah.  I'm pretty sure they were giving a blessing to someone.  While not reccommended anywhere that I know of, I don't think that's technically an [i]abuse[/i] persay. 

While all of these pictures are sad, I don't see the fruit of making fun of/gawking at litugical abuses.
[right][snapback]946055[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, well...I've seen it before, and I can almost guarantee you that they're all consecrating the Eucharist.

Keyser Soze

[quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:44 AM']I like to give all the benefit of the doubt when it comes to accusing others of anything. :idontknow:
[right][snapback]946067[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

After seeing all those pictures, you're still giving the benefit of the doubt?

I'm sorry, but I think they've lost that benefit package. What I''ve looked at in this thread DISGUSTS ME.

popestpiusx

[quote name='Daniel9' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:37 AM']
Perhaps you could take the time to mention the event where the Mass was held.  That might clear up some of the "weirdness."  Maybe you think such theatrical settings are a regular occurrence out here in Los Angeles.  Get the whole story, please!  <_<
[right][snapback]946049[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It is a regular occurence. It happens at least every single year at the very same conference. It also happened at the dedication of the RojMahal. I find it hard to believe that these things are isolated events and that the Archdiocese is on the strait and narrow for the rest of the year.

Edited by popestpiusx

[quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 12:48 PM']After seeing all those pictures, you're still giving the benefit of the doubt?

I'm sorry, but I think they've lost that benefit package. What I''ve looked at in this thread DISGUSTS ME.
[right][snapback]946070[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

For those things that [i]could possibly[/i] have a legitimate reason, yes. Granted, a lot of those pictures have no excuse, but that doesn't give me an excuse to be uncharitable.

Keyser Soze

[quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:54 AM']For those things that [i]could possibly[/i] have a legitimate reason, yes.  Granted, a lot of those pictures have no excuse, but that doesn't give me an excuse to be uncharitable.
[right][snapback]946078[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good thing I don't mind being uncharitable sometimes.

Thy Geekdom Come

"He said to his men, 'The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD'S anointed, as to lay a hand on him, for he is the Lord's anointed.'" -1 Samuel 24:7

OverheadNite

[quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:58 AM']Good thing I don't mind being uncharitable sometimes.
[right][snapback]946081[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hahaha! Its true...don't think for a second its not.
Seriously, how can any good reasonable Catholic that isn't in a mental institution sit here right now after seeing those pictures and not be outraged? who cares if they were blessing the Eucharist or a member of the Church? We shouldn't be throwing out blessings to others anyway..leave that to the priests please. Thats not our place at Mass.. :maddest: