An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voltaire

Resurrexi

Which of the following do you think is the fate of the soul of Voltaire?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hahahaha... track2004, very funny. THere's a guy who's a classmate of mine at the sem who LOVES NJ -- he's studying for the Trenton Diocese. BUt whenever I ask him of places to see, he goes through this exhaustive list of places not to see before he finally tells me, go to Cape May.... it's classic, believe me....

(ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est; ubi caritas non est, diabolus ibi est)

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Socrates' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:53 PM']You ain't seen nothing!  You should've been here back in the days of the Markich bros.  (Amarkich and CatholicCrusader, and all their other online entities) :lol:
[right][snapback]942828[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I was thinking about those two the other day. They were funny.

Judas is in hell? I am confused...I thought he was the only real disciple that Christ shared the mystery and he martyred himself for humanity..;)

dante is appealing, but we need to understand it as theological fiction. Take from it the good you can, but dont canon the concept

[quote name='Socrates' date='Apr 10 2006, 07:53 PM']You ain't seen nothing!  You should've been here back in the days of the Markich bros.  (Amarkich and CatholicCrusader, and all their other online entities) :lol:
[right][snapback]942828[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ah those were the days. Back when dUSt broke down to banning their IP.

Amator Veritatis

I should add that there is an amarkich on Fish Eaters, but this user has only posted an introductory post, if I be not mistaken.

Perhaps it is an affirmation by divine Providence, but I must say that I find the contents of this thread quite comical indeed, further proof that Our Lord has a wit beyond that of any earthly scholar. To further explain, I should state that, before ever reading this thread or its contents, I had decided to abandon Phatmass, much for the same reasons given by another distinguished member of the forums, Paphnutius, namely the utter lack of charity and virtue in general as observed on the forums. Not much has changed in the past few years. With that being said, perhaps I would do well to explain a few things. Though this may surprise some of the readers and participants on Phatmass, I am merely nineteen years old. In fact, my birthday was Laetare Sunday, just a bit over two weeks ago. I have been aware of the existence of Phatmass for much longer than this time, over two years to be more exact. When I initially learned of Phatmass, I was less mature than I am currently, being only sixteen years old and relatively unfamiliar with many of the social and literary skills pertaining to proper debate. I also was quite unlearned in matters philosophical, though my personal theological studies were, even then, rather indicative of a studious and zealous [i]lover of truth[/i], at least of dogmatic truth. In any event, during this time of my life, I thought it would be opportune to participate in discussion and debate on Catholic forums, most notably Phatmass itself. I was, at the time, learning much about the Faith and in the process of becoming a traditional Catholic. In order to participate in such discussions and debates, I chose a user name and joined the forums here. If it is not yet obvious, my name is Adam Markich, and the name I chose was amarkich. For those who did not participate on Phatmass during the time in which my brother and I were members, this is essentially irrelevant to you, but for those who remember our old user names and have been following some of my writing since I joined under this new name, perhaps this is of some interest. I should say that, substantially, I hold the same positions as I did two years ago, but I have come to understand and appreciate these positions much more and have come to be able to logically defend them more than may have been the case in the past. This fact is precisely the reason that I thought I could be of value to the discussions on these forums. My decision to return under a new name was profitable to some extent but, on the whole, was mostly futile and unnecessary. For these reasons and those already stated, I intend to leave the forums permanently. In any event, in the two years since I initially joined Phatmass, I have certainly grown spiritually, intellectually, culturally and socially and have experienced much, not the least of which was a three-month participation in the formation programme of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest at the [i]Konvent Herz Jesu [/i]in Bayerisch Gmain, Germany in Bavaria. I left this programme after the Christmas break in order to discern a possible religious vocation rather than one to the secular Priesthood. With that being said, I should mention that I am in the process of this discernment currently. With these things explained, I depart from these forums. I remain,

Sincerely yours in our blessed Lady,
Adam Markich

Fare thee well, AV. And God bless you in your vocational discernment.

As for Voltaire, I think he went to Valhalla. :blink:

[quote name='Revprodeji' date='Apr 11 2006, 09:33 AM']dante is appealing, but we need to understand it as theological fiction. Take from it the good you can, but dont canon  the concept
[right][snapback]943265[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree.

If ever a Debate Table poll needed the "I refuse to speculate" option, it would be this one.

I don't know if he's in Heaven or Hell, and honestly, I think this is definitely not the week to ask such a question. This is the week when we focus on the reason Christ came to Earth and be humbled by the fact that He died for us so that we may have life.

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 10 2006, 08:11 PM']Where are the mods to close a thread when you need them?
[right][snapback]942876[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The mods need a report ... DUH.

With that, its closed.