An Old School Catholic Message Board

crazy killer

dairygirl4u2c

If a killer were kidnapping people off the street into his house and killing them, and the police weren't doing their jobs for whatever reason, would it be wrong for an everyday citizen to kill the killer if that was the only way to stop him?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

maybe the scenario has little bearing on reality as in not gonna happen anytime soon. just humor my hypothetical.

if you think anything needs defined, don't bother asking, just vote how the answer that suits you best. if you are upset because your answer isn't on there, just pick one anyway. this is how polls are suppose to be made.. i've read books. that's how they do it in real life. that's why people are alwyas pissed at poll makers. it's an attempt at the sample's impression; not an actual response. maybe i could have added a few more conditionals or answers, but oh well. ya gotta stop somewhere, i chose there.

If there was no doubt of the killer's activities, there would be no wrong to intervene to stop him.
IE; you see him dragging a person to his house while this person was kicking, screaming, begging for help all the way to his house....

An immediate and clear threat to human life - as per law at least here in Canada.

If such is the case, it is your duty to do whatever in your power to stop such a crime. This does not automatically include use of deadly force by the way.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest T-Bone

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='941849' date='Apr 9 2006, 09:15 PM']
maybe the scenario has little bearing on reality as in not gonna happen anytime soon. just humor my hypothetical.
if you think anything needs defined, don't bother asking, just vote how the answer that suits you best. if you are upset because your answer isn't on there, just pick one anyway. th[b]is is how polls are suppose to be made.. i've read books. that's how they do it in real life.[/b] that's why people are alwyas pissed at poll makers. it's an attempt at the sample's impression; not an actual response. maybe i could have added a few more conditionals or answers, but oh well. ya gotta stop somewhere, i chose there.
[/quote]

This is only how polls are "supposed to be made" if the pollster has an agenda. If a pollster is honest and is really trying to get someone's opinion, then the pollster is willing to explain meanings and definitions, and doesn't say "if you are upset that your answer isn't there, just pick one anyway."