An Old School Catholic Message Board

AMAZING vocations video

zealousrap

It totally rocked my world! This is going to shake up vocations...
[url="http://www.grassrootsfilms.com/"]http://www.grassrootsfilms.com/[/url]
Zealous gives it :twothumbsup:

click on "fishers of men" it should be under new project. You can watch a trailer for it there.

A friend of mine who is in a Seminary told me his only concern is that guys aren't tricked into thinking it's all glory and fun and dramatic all day every day. :disguise:. He was telling me that guys might expect seminary life to be fresh and exciting, whereas it's really not like that...more of a discerning envirnment, reading praying and studying. In his case, he has to go to school for circa 11 years before he can even think about being able to do anything. He was speaking more along the lines of "don't want it to be misleading" more than anything else.

I apologize if this was covered somwhere else

also, I was told that a copy of this was sent to every Bishop in the US...and my Bishop told me today that when the Bishops gather next they are supposed to watch it.

Edited by zealousrap

[quote name='zealousrap' date='Apr 9 2006, 10:05 PM']I apologize if this was covered somwhere else

also, I was told that a copy of this was sent to every Bishop in the US...and my Bishop told me today that when the Bishops gather next they are supposed to watch it.
[right][snapback]941594[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It has been. But you know what? There must be someone reading this boards who needed a reminder about his vocation, or just about how AWESOME our God is!!!

:D:

If this movie was covered somewhere else? I haven't seen 'fishers of men'. But it looks cool, judging by the trailer!

Theologian in Training

I actually just watched it. It is a very powerful film, and they actually do repeat time and again that though it is a great life it is a life of sacrifice, and therefore, not an easy life to live.

Actually, two seminarians from here, one who is a deacon and one who is not, are featured in that film. I highly recommending checking it out.

God Bless

[quote name='shortnun' date='Apr 10 2006, 05:17 PM']Do you have quicktime? Or windows media player?
[right][snapback]942574[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yup I have both... :(

I think i remember having this problem once too..... try to update your flash media player..... or right click and see if you can save it to your desktop and open it that way.

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Apr 10 2006, 03:41 PM']Actually, two seminarians from here, one who is a deacon and one who is not, are featured in that film. I highly recommending checking it out.
[right][snapback]942524[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

here....wheres that? Dunwoodie by any chance?

missionarybelle

We watched it at a retreat and i cried it was so beautiful!! I VERY rarely cry for ANY movie!! I had tears streaming down my face and I couldn't stop!!! If I was a guy I would be a priest after watching that video!!

my friends and I joked that there aren't going to be any good guys left to marry!! they are all going to be priests after watching that video!!!

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 10 2006, 06:22 PM']Still doesn't work...boo...I'll have to try it at school tomorrow
[right][snapback]942657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Just make sure you get one with sound! :whistle:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='keighters' date='Apr 10 2006, 08:18 PM']here....wheres that? Dunwoodie by any chance?
[right][snapback]942705[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nope, but they went to grassroots to do the interview.

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 10 2006, 06:22 PM']Still doesn't work...boo...I'll have to try it at school tomorrow
[right][snapback]942657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It didn't work for me in Firefox, I had to use IE. :(

It worked for me, in Safari. Which, if something online doesn't work, usually doesn't work for the discriminated Apple users. :annoyed:

Edited by PCPA2Be