An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you believe in Infant's Limbo?

Resurrexi

Do you beileve in Infant's Limbo  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='965588' date='Apr 29 2006, 06:08 PM']
What I thought to beleive was, was that limbo does not exist anymore, but God has a special place for all of the new borns who die without the sacrament of baptisim.
[/quote]

Okie, but if this special place isn't heaven hell or purgatory, and it isn't limbo then what is it?

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='965618' date='Apr 29 2006, 08:03 PM']
Okie, but if this special place isn't heaven hell or purgatory, and it isn't limbo then what is it?
[/quote]

I beleive God has mercy of the ones who didn't have a chance to be baptized. I beleive they are in heaven.

• 5 weeks later...

According to the Baltimore Catechism, as regards those who die before birth, and since Limbus Infantium probably does not exist...

We can only trust in the mercy of God.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='941232' date='Apr 9 2006, 06:03 PM']
i believe in limbo. no it is not required to believe in\, because it is not dogma. but i think it makes sense, and has been taught since the time of Augustine.
[/quote]

First, we must believe ALL that Holy Church proposes for belief, whether it is dogmaticly defined or not.

Second, No. I don't believe in infant's limbo (aside from any arguments about Vatican 2) infants limbo (whether or not it has been believed or taught by certain individuals within the hieroarchy or the lay faithful) is not apart of divine Revelation, nor has the Magisterium interpreted that from revelation.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='965642' date='Apr 29 2006, 07:42 PM']
I beleive God has mercy of the ones who didn't have a chance to be baptized. I beleive they are in heaven.
[/quote]

And to me this possibly goes against "No Salvation Outside the Church" and yet I don't believe God to be a monster. Hence Limbo.

Same reason I believe that the gates of heaven were shut before Jesus died and yet many holy people died before Jesus did, and thus could not get to heaven. I don't believe God to be a monster, so I believe in their Limbo which He created for them to stay there until Jesus died.

[quote name='stbernardLT' post='940853' date='Apr 9 2006, 12:04 PM']
Infants can't even walk how can we expect them to limbo.
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

Winchester

I don't think they'd be very good at it, but as long as it's on a very soft surface, I don't see why you couldn't let them try. I'd have the bar relatively high so tey didn't have to bend backwards real far until they got used to it. Remember, an infant's head is larger proportionally, and that will throw of their balance.

[quote name='Winchester' post='992276' date='May 29 2006, 08:36 AM']
I don't think they'd be very good at it, but as long as it's on a very soft surface, I don't see why you couldn't let them try. I'd have the bar relatively high so tey didn't have to bend backwards real far until they got used to it. Remember, an infant's head is larger proportionally, and that will throw of their balance.
[/quote]
I don't know ... their neck muscles are kinda weak. You might want to wait until they're 8 or 9 months old.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='992216' date='May 28 2006, 10:27 PM']
And to me this possibly goes against "No Salvation Outside the Church" and yet I don't believe God to be a monster. Hence Limbo.

Same reason I believe that the gates of heaven were shut before Jesus died and yet many holy people died before Jesus did, and thus could not get to heaven. I don't believe God to be a monster, so I believe in their Limbo which He created for them to stay there until Jesus died.
[/quote]

When Christ died he released all from limbo did he not? Yes He did. He opened up heaven for us all who remain until the end. That means no more limbo its gone, destroyed by Christ. To say there was or is anykind of limbo after Christ' death and resurrection is to say He did not complete His work.

The Unborn have their right to baptism stolen by wicked evil men who do the work of satan. Not only do I trust in the mercy of God, and it is in His mercy the unborn enter the gates of heaven. The Unborn murdered by abortion are martyrs for Christ.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]When Christ died he released all from limbo did he not? [/quote]

he released all from the limbo of the father's only smart one.

[quote] That means no more limbo its gone, destroyed by Christ. [/quote]

yes, father's limbo was destroyed, but the other limbos were not.

[quote] The Unborn have their right to baptism stolen by wicked evil men who do the work of satan. Not only do I trust in the mercy of God, and it is in His mercy the unborn enter the gates of heaven. The Unborn murdered by abortion are martyrs for Christ. [/quote]

I believe abortion is just as evil as you believe it to be. Believing in Infant's Limbo IS trusting in the mercy of God, becuase limbo is a lot better than infernus. Murdered infants are not martyrs, Knight of Christ.