An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you believe in Infant's Limbo?

Resurrexi

Do you beileve in Infant's Limbo  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:31 PM']Limbo is more traditional  :P:
[right][snapback]941129[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

what's the foundation in theology, in light of public Revelation?

crazymaine catholic

i can not bring myself to believe in Limbo. there's just too much that doesn't make any sense. Jesus called for the little children to come to Him. and i definitely think that applies to unborn and unbaptized infants.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:44 PM']do you not believe in Infant's Limbo, Cam?
[right][snapback]941217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is not the point. The point is that you blantly insulted someone based on a belief in the realm of speculation.

For the record, I am a "yes."

[quote name='Peccator' date='Apr 10 2006, 01:58 AM']No I don't...my personal opinion is that they are in heaven...(I'm probably opening myself up for attack again :(  )
[right][snapback]941911[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Only an ad hominem or personal attack or two from some here. <_<

[quote name='Peccator' date='Apr 10 2006, 04:58 AM']No I don't...my personal opinion is that they are in heaven...(I'm probably opening myself up for attack again :(  )
[right][snapback]941911[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
This is my belief as well.

for those that purport a belief in Limbo cannot seem to provide a theological foundation for it in Divine Revelation.... hmm, does anyone else find this peculiar?

The idea of Limbo makes sense to me, and I'd tend to believe in it, but it's not something I can say with absolute certainity, as the Church has not made a definitive statement on this issue.

So I voted "maybe."

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Apr 9 2006, 03:29 PM']I dunno.  I expect God balances Justice with Mercy.  Justice says Limbo, Mercy says Heaven.  It's up to God, I suppose.

Either way, can we just be sad when babies die?  Jeez.
[right][snapback]941128[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well now God brings good out of EVERYTHING. As Mother Angelica once said, about the aborted babies, that the good He brings out of it is just after death they get to see His holy face, they were not guilty of a sin, and only had few weeks of life, they had a privlege, an amazing privlage. to see the holy face directly after death is a wish many have and don't gain. ^_^

[quote name='Socrates' date='Apr 10 2006, 05:46 PM']The idea of Limbo makes sense to me, and I'd tend to believe in it, but it's not something I can say with absolute certainity, as the Church has not made a definitive statement on this issue.

So I voted "maybe."
[right][snapback]942689[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

exactly, the church hasn't said anything I'm not obligated to believe anything as a Catholic, it's up to God and God alone.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:07 PM']well, you're a stupid liberal.
[right][snapback]941188[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that was nice of you to make a statement based CLEARLY on your own anger ... and opinion. Not saying your not free to make a statement as such but that was just a childish way of calling someone an 'insult'

I can't say whether I believe in it or not. I would like to believe that there is none, but I don't have the knowlege to say that. I thought limbo was a place of waiting? Not an eternal place