An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you believe in Infant's Limbo?

Resurrexi

Do you beileve in Infant's Limbo  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No. I believe God cleanses unbaptized babies of original sin in a manner known to him alone.

catholicinsd

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 01:00 PM']I most definetly beileve in Infant's Limbo, do you?
[right][snapback]940849[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Heck no

toledo_jesus

I dunno. I expect God balances Justice with Mercy. Justice says Limbo, Mercy says Heaven. It's up to God, I suppose.

Either way, can we just be sad when babies die? Jeez.

I beleive in God's Mercy. Whether or not that includes limbo I do not know. But I do not think a merciful God would create life, and never give it a chance to be with Him or be happy. I mean I just can't bring myself to beleive He would beaver dam someone without giving them a chance to choose.....

No, it's not church doctrine, it's theological speculation and i don't see it fit in with Christian teaching

toledo_jesus

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 05:31 PM']Limbo is more traditional  :P:
[right][snapback]941129[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Limbo was [i]actually [/i]speculative theology.

[quote]No, it's not church doctrine, it's theological speculation and i don't see it fit in with Christian teaching[/quote]

well, you're a stupid liberal.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:07 PM']well, you're a stupid liberal.
[right][snapback]941188[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And you get mad at me for be uncharitable.....take it all back.....NOW!!!!! :maddest:

That was uncalled for.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 06:07 PM']well, you're a stupid liberal.
[right][snapback]941188[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Vatican said it was speculation and we aren't required to believe in it so I don't

[quote]And you get mad at me for be uncharitable.....take it all back.....NOW!!!!! maddest.gif

That was uncalled for.
[/quote]

do you not believe in Infant's Limbo, Cam?

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 9 2006, 01:00 PM']I most definetly beileve in Infant's Limbo, do you?
[right][snapback]940849[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, I most definately do not believe in Infants Limbo.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

i believe in limbo. no it is not required to believe in\, because it is not dogma. but i think it makes sense, and has been taught since the time of Augustine.