An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you support the SSPX?

Resurrexi

Do you support the SSPX?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 9 2006, 02:09 PM']Did I say anything about excommunicated?  No.  But they are just as unfaithful, in certain instances.  Both organizations lack obedience to the Holy See.  The SSPX by illicit consecrations and promoting a schismatic attitiude; Life Teen, by illicit liturgical abuse.  Neither action can be defended, if one is not on the streetcar, it doesn't matter; one will have to run to catch up after jumping off.....good thing the streetcar doesn't move so fast.

[right][snapback]941021[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Awesome Cam!! thank you so much for your thoughts....

[quote name='Era Might' date='Apr 8 2006, 12:49 PM']Protestants don't claim to be Catholic. The SSPX does. They have no excuse.
[right][snapback]940132[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What in the world do Protestants claim then? Obviously they think they're preaching the truth and proclaim and claim it, otherwise why would they exist?

Protestants are just teaching it in a way that denies all history...Same principle, except one uses the term Catholic and the other doesn't.

One teaches heresy and disobedience...and the other, mostly just disobedience.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 16 2006, 03:29 AM']What in the world do Protestants claim then?  Obviously they think they're preaching the truth and proclaim and claim it, otherwise why would they exist?

Protestants are just teaching it in a way that denies all history...Same principle, except one uses the term Catholic and the other doesn't.

One teaches heresy and disobedience...and the other, mostly just disobedience.
[right][snapback]948906[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

C'mon Zach.....why would they exist???????

How about to PROTEST the Catholic Church? Could that be a reason to exist? Yes.

Protestantism is a heresy. This cannot be denied. While most Protestants are not formal heretics, but rather material heretics, the reason for existing is to PROTEST the Catholic Church.

The SSPX does not want that, but what they want is in and of itself just as bad. They are supporting a split within the Catholic Church. That is just as incorrect as promoting a heresy.

Both believe that truth is contained within them, correct? I think we agree, though thanks for answering the question. :)

If Protestants believed in the word Catholic the situation might be a little different.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 16 2006, 08:37 PM']Both believe that truth is contained within them, correct?  I think we agree, though thanks for answering the question.  :)

If Protestants believed in the word Catholic the situation might be a little different.
[right][snapback]949621[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Their notion of truth is incorrect. Therefore it is heresy. That is the whole point.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 16 2006, 09:01 PM']Would you think that makes their teaching more dangerous?

I kinda think so...
[right][snapback]949657[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That makes it heretical. And heresy is dangerous. It is not a subjective notion. Your question is asking my opinion, I have none. I know what the Church teaches and I assent to that.

No, I meant is heresy more dangerous than schism in your opinion?

I agree that people are easier on Protestants than anyone who supports the SSPX and I too am asking why. The rhetorical question was about Era Might's response which I didn't think followed as an answer.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 16 2006, 09:20 PM']No, I meant is heresy more dangerous than schism in your opinion?

I agree that people are easier on Protestants than anyone who supports the SSPX and I too am asking why.  The rhetorical question was about Era Might's response which I didn't think followed as an answer.
[right][snapback]949687[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='CCC #2089'].....Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same.....schism is the refusal of submission to the Roman Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him.[/quote]

Both are sins against Faith. They are equal, according to Church teaching, therefore they are equal in my eyes.

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 16 2006, 09:58 PM']They're equal according to the Church?  How so? 
[right][snapback]949757[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What paragraph do we learn about heresy?
What paragraph do we learn about schism?
What are they sins against?

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Apr 16 2006, 10:05 PM']All sins against chastity aren't equal in gravity.  I think that analogy can be made here as well.
[right][snapback]949779[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Whatever......Zach, if you don't want to listen, why converse?