An Old School Catholic Message Board

SPOTLIGHTING COMMUNITIES

MikeZakYm

The Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Albert the Great communicate the Word of God through preaching, theological education, and the promotion of justice and peace. This mission in the body of Christ demands a vowed community life, liturgical prayer and lifelong study.

Each week the HERE I AM LORD Vocations Conference will post links to two communities. For more information on the HERE I AM LORD Vocations Conference, go to www.hereiamlord.net or ccheck out the blog at www.hereiamlord.blogspot.net

:smokey:

:bounce: These are "my" brothers.... meaning, I go to school with all of them at their House of Studies!!!! They're great! Thanks for the link to them. Some guys may want to link [b][url="http://op.org/novices/"]directly to their Novices' site.[/url][/b] And if anyone wanted to get in touch with them, or wanted them to post something, I would be more than happy to ask 'em. :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='jezic' date='Apr 5 2006, 10:45 AM']make those web addresses links.

and don't smoke :P:
[right][snapback]936501[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
He seriously needs to kick the habit... :P:

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:03 PM']He seriously needs to kick the habit...  :P:
[right][snapback]937290[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is a HORRIBLE pun. Congratulations.

salveregina

Ah! Brother Dominic Mc Manus is my dear dear friend! He and I were in college together, and he was an enormous influence on my vocation. A truly great man. And Dominican through-and-through. Doesn't get much better. :D:
Those brothers are tremendous. We've had two men graduate from Loras and enter them (the other being Brother Anthony Joseph Calvi, should any of you know/run into him). Yay OPs!

[quote name='salveregina' date='Apr 6 2006, 06:34 PM']We've had two men graduate from Loras and enter them (the other being Brother Anthony Joseph Calvi, should any of you know/run into him). Yay OPs!
[right][snapback]938006[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shock: I just came from class with him!!!! :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Apr 6 2006, 10:45 AM']That is a HORRIBLE pun. Congratulations.
[right][snapback]937654[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
but he does smoke though... so it is a pun that was totally unintentional...

salveregina

[quote name='shortnun' date='Apr 6 2006, 07:49 PM']:shock: I just came from class with him!!!!  :)
[right][snapback]938256[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You have class with Brother Anthony Joseph?! Oh man, I can only imagine what he's like in the classroom. He's such a hoot. I absolutely loved getting to know him when we were in school together. He too has been an enormous influence on my vocation.
I was just able to see him for the first time in his habit over Christmas - how exciting that was! We went to the St. Therese Shrine outside of Chicago, then visited some Dominican Sisters nearby there. Of course. :) Tell him hello from Angela at Loras!

[quote name='salveregina' date='Apr 7 2006, 10:20 AM']You have class with Brother Anthony Joseph?! Oh man, I can only imagine what he's like in the classroom. He's such a hoot. I absolutely loved getting to know him when we were in school together. He too has been an enormous influence on my vocation.
I was just able to see him for the first time in his habit over Christmas - how exciting that was! We went to the St. Therese Shrine outside of Chicago, then visited some Dominican Sisters nearby there. Of course. :) Tell him hello from Angela at Loras!
[right][snapback]938995[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I do too, actually.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Apr 10 2006, 08:41 PM']I do too, actually.
[right][snapback]942799[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, Thomas Aquinas (or something like that) w/ Br (soon to be Fr) Dominic. But I hear that no one talks very much.... :locked: