An Old School Catholic Message Board

SPOTLIGHTING COMMUNITIES

MikeZakYm

At least once each week we will spotlight a religious community. If you would like to suggest a community, please send us their information. We will look into adding them to our list of over 75 communities who have attended the various HERE I AM LORD Conferences since 2003

[url="http://www.hereiamlord.blogspot.com"]HERE I AM LORD WEB BLOG[/url]

:smokey:

Denise,

Will be adding 'your' community on Divine Mercy Sunday. Cool website. Let them know I would love to get copies of their videos to use at the HIAL Conferences.

Mike

Ooooooh! I think, were you to introduce yourself to Mother Delores Marie or Sister Imelda Marie on their website, or write to them directly at nuns@stjosephmonastery.com they could hook you up! ;)

God bless you one hundred x one hundred fold! :notworthy:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I saw Augustinian Friars on the list there?

I don't know of our province or any of the others. But you could always highlight the Augustinians. They are one of the "great" mendicant orders (with the Dominicans, Franciscans, and Carmelites), but they dont appear so great, because nobody hears much about them (outside of Martin :deal: Luther :rolleyes: ). They are also the Spiritual Sons of St. Augustine, in that they not only follow the rule of St. :bishop: Augustine (as many other communities do), but they also follow the Spirituality of St. :bishop: Augustine.

SHALOM

Edited by MC IMaGiNaZUN

The Augustinians from Chicago had a conflict this year but are attending HIAL Chicago next year. They are also attending a HIAL Lite called Imago Dei on May 7th this year at Our Lady of Victory parish in Chicago. The brother I talked to, Br. Paul Koscielniak, sounded really excited about being a part of things.

The idea is to bring it to an additional four locations over the next year to year and a half. Already talking to Sr. Janelle, Marian Sisters of Lincoln, Nebraska and Sr. Christine Kiley, Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus has promised to work on getting it to the Northeast.

Find me a pastor like mine (Msgr. Joseph Linster @ St. Patrick Catholic Church in St. Charles, Il.) who is willing to invest the time and money and I will work with them to bring HERE I AM LORD to St. Louis or anywhere else.

Just as a point of reference for all, I do this as part of my ministry as the Youth Minister at St. Patrick and the Msgr. allows me to travel and help others get these up and running. We will provide consulting to help get the conference up and running in your area. I already get paid as the Youth Minister at St. Patrick so we only ask that you cover my travel and housing to attend the 1st and/or 2nd conference in a new area to assist with getting things put together.

srmarymichael

[quote name='MikeZakYm' date='Apr 4 2006, 12:52 PM']At least once each week we will spotlight a religious community. If you would like to suggest a community, please send us their information. We will look into adding them to our list of over 75 communities who have attended the various HERE I AM LORD Conferences since 2003

[url="http://www.hereiamlord.blogspot.com"]HERE I AM LORD WEB BLOG[/url]

[right][snapback]935343[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for doing that Mike! God bless you!!! :topsy:

Sister,

You are becoming quite popular, just heard from 2 people who really enjoyed meeting you at the conferences this year. It appears that the Panhandle Franciscans are getting on the map. Hope you can say yes to SMM for the next Denver conference. :drool:

srmarymichael

[quote name='MikeZakYm' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:44 PM']Sister,

You are becoming quite popular, just heard from 2 people who really enjoyed meeting you at the conferences this year.  It appears that the Panhandle Franciscans are getting on the map.  Hope you can say yes to SMM for the next Denver conference.  :drool:
[right][snapback]941160[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I told her yes -- it's always great talking about being a Bride of Christ! She's waiting to ask my Superior. God is SO AWESOME!!! :cupidhit:

Wish I could be there to hear you talk but two of my young adults who I've known since they were involved in High School are getting married that weekend. First marriage from the group at St. Pat's since I got there and two more years until the first ordination. God is so AWESOME :bigpray: