An Old School Catholic Message Board

Radical Traditionalists

MC Just

Hey got a problem with Catholics rappping and taking up something that is used for so much evil, and using it for the Church? I guess you also have a problem with all the pagan temples and places the church took up and converted for GOD. I am reverent, I love Christ in the most Holy Eucharist.

I go to a Latin Novus ordo mass and love gregorian chant, and I love Tradition. So whats the problem eh? I'm using rap music as a tool for evangelization. Buy my album and listen to the intro track. :disguise:

I absolutely agree. When I was studying Catholicism, b4 I converted, they said people used to associate instrumental music with orgies but we do use it in Mass and the Church Christianized it too. Same with feast days that used to be pagan celebrations

AngelofJesus

Cows are considered gods in India. They dont eat them. I eat cows, doesn't mean I .... lost my train of thought... what are we talking about?

Some people see the new prison with no vision and the pains they are feeling with Hip-Hop and nothing else.

Church Punk

The Rad Trad movements seem to target anything new, saying its not holy and can not bring about anything good.

Amator Veritatis

I would be delighted to engage in a discussion on this matter when I am not as occupied with other threads. I only have so much time on forums, and I am not able to discuss this matter at present. Perhaps, once the thread I have just begun is finished, I would be able to provide arguments and discussion in this thread.

On a secondary note, I find it odd that this thread is targeted solely at "radical traditionalists". There are plenty of "neo-Catholics" and non-Catholics alike who find the so-called Catholic rap and rock 'n' roll genres, if they may be called such, equally distasteful and beguiling.

[quote name='Amator Veritatis' date='Apr 3 2006, 12:57 PM']I would be delighted to engage in a discussion on this matter when I am not as occupied with other threads. I only have so much time on forums, and I am not able to discuss this matter at present. Perhaps, once the thread I have just begun is finished, I would be able to provide arguments and discussion in this thread.
On a secondary note, I find it odd that this thread is targeted solely at "radical traditionalists". There are plenty of "neo-Catholics" and non-Catholics alike who find the so-called Catholic rap and rock 'n' roll genres, if they may be called such, equally distasteful and beguiling.
[right][snapback]934292[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My apologies, it's not just directed towards radical traditionalists..Any catholic who wants to complain about it. Also, just because we are into "catholic rap" it does not mean we want it in the mass. To me that is a no no. It does not belong there.

Edited by MC Just

Amator Veritatis

Yes, that is my understanding. I am sure that you would not support such thing at Mass. As I said, I hope to contribute to the discussion soon.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 3 2006, 02:08 PM']My apologies, it's not just directed towards radical traditionalists..Any catholic who wants to complain about it. Also, just because we are into "catholic rap" it does not mean we want it in the mass. To me that is a no no. It does not belong there.
[right][snapback]934304[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

there was a great thread at Fish Eaters about it. you should check it out :)

Sam

Brother Adam

Rap, at its very core is poetic. It uses words and puts them into rhythm. Poetry is neither good or bad, it is neutral. I can be used for good or evil. MC uses it for good.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I could not believe it when I saw some people at "Fisheaters" discrediting phatmass because it happens to promote music with Catholic lyrics applied to hip-hop beats. Some of the comments were totally absurd. I see no reason to be opposed to people singing reverent hip-hop songs about Christ and His Church. We are not Puritans.

[quote name='thedude' date='Apr 3 2006, 02:22 PM']I could not believe it when I saw some people at "Fisheaters" discrediting phatmass because it happens to promote music with Catholic lyrics applied to hip-hop beats.  Some of the comments were totally absurd.  I see no reason to be opposed to people singing reverent hip-hop songs about Christ and His Church.  We are not Puritans.
[right][snapback]934404[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They need to remove the giant beams from their eyes before telling us to remove our splinters. We are not trying to get hip-hop into the mass, we are NOT trying to corrupt the mass! they need to stop being "superpopes" and follow the real pope.

Edited by MC Just

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 3 2006, 03:33 PM']They need to remove the giant beams from their eyes before telling us to remove our splinters. We are not trying to get hip-hop into the mass, we are NOT trying to corrupt the mass! they need to stop being "superpopes" and follow the real pope.
[right][snapback]934414[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

why don't you go over to fisheaters and tell them that?

im sure it would be an interesting debate.

Sam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Apr 3 2006, 02:39 PM']why don't you go over to fisheaters and tell them that?

im sure it would be an interesting debate.
Sam
[right][snapback]934419[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Pearls before swine? :pinch: