An Old School Catholic Message Board

prayers for one of our Phatmassers

HisChild

Sister Ali and I were talking tonight and she shared with me that a friend of hers, Molly, just committed suicide. She doesn't know how or why, only that she was 'sad' this morning but would be ok.

Ali is taking it pretty hard, so I wanted to, per her permission, come online and ask for your prayers: for Ali who is really upset, and even having some issues with guilt, as this is her second friend to end her life. And for the soul of Molly who is Catholic.

God bless you,

Denise

:sign:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

For those who grieve the loss of loved ones. It becomes a time when people realize that life is clouded with uncertainty, and they begin to question their own fragility and mortality. It is a time of necessary growth for anybody who endures such pain.

It is also a time when peoples hearts are fertile to plant the seeds of the gospel message of redemption.

SHALOM

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 2 2006, 10:51 PM']Sister Ali and I were talking tonight and she shared with me that a friend of hers, Molly, just committed suicide. She doesn't know how or why, only that she was 'sad' this morning but would be ok.

Ali is taking it pretty hard, so I wanted to, per her permission, come online and ask for your prayers: for Ali who is really upset, and even having some issues with guilt, as this is her second friend to end her life.  And for the soul of Molly who is Catholic.

God bless you,

Denise

:sign:
[right][snapback]933755[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If Sister Ali would like, there are many kinds of support groups for survivors of suicide. There's probably a group in her area. I think there are also a number of books on the subject and the healing needed by those left behind. So many times, a person who is suicidal appears to be completely normal to the eyes of everyone else. This is the kind of depression/despair that is so deep that often words just won't come. I am sure that Molly loved all she left behind very deeply. I can't help but believe that Molly wanted to live, but her pain took her another way. Illness, whether it be physical or mental, can sometimes overcome even the best of us.

many, many prayers
Mary-Kathryn

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the prayers. I am doing a lot better now...due to some great phatmasser prayer buddies and those that have been chatting with me. Thank you as I will send God's Blessings to Him for your wonderful support.

God Bless,

Ali