An Old School Catholic Message Board

contacting orders?

Domine ut Videam

YES! When I go to parties, or get togethers with co workers, etc. Before I even told any of them what I was doing, I felt like I somehow didn't fit in. . .that I was the only one who wasn't relaxed and enjoying myself, gossiping about the latest with friends etc (even though later on, others have stated they never saw me ill at ease). :unsure:

Ok, well at least I'm not the only one who's weird ;) It's not so much that I necessarily feel uncomfortable (at least not any more so than before), but it's also that it feels like everyone else knows that there's something weird about me.

And on the topic of random nun questions...so for sisters that have to drive, what do they do about the name on the driver's license (and other such identification stuff...)?

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 17 2006, 09:31 PM']And on the topic of random nun questions...so for sisters that have to drive, what do they do about the name on the driver's license (and other such identification stuff...)?
[right][snapback]951613[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I knew sisters in high school and their name on their passport (we went to Canada) was their baptismal name. I also know that the SMME register for classes at Eastern Michigan under their baptismal names b/c I recall hearing stories about having to ask their profs to call them by their professed names.

It may be different for each order though........ :idontknow:

Edited by shortnun

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 17 2006, 07:17 PM']However, anyone else ever have the feeling that you just kinda stick out in a crowd anyways...as if you were wearing a sign on your forehead or something...but you're not??  (Trust me I checked! :) )
[right][snapback]951347[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel! Trust me it is sooo weird for me! I am a junior in HS. Every single adult that i meet wants to know what college i am going to...what i want to do...what i want to major in.....

what am i supposed to say....i always have to be like: "Ummm...I really don't know yet." But it is getting closer and closer. Pretty soon I am going to have to stop lying. And yeah Denise, I always do feel kind of separated from a crowd...i've always wondered why.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Domine ut Videam

Thanks everyone for the replies they were really helpful!

Here are some more questions for you:

At what age did you start discerning, how bout seriously discerning? How do you know when an order feels like home? Thanks again, this phorum is soooo helpful. You all are heaven sent in my discernment process! These are just questions that have been bugging me for the longest time--and i feel so separated because no one i know is even thinking about their vocation....at all...it is "un cool" in my Catholic HS to act Catholic, so I am alone in this area. thanks again.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren