An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgical abuses?

curtins

How would a bishop knows what is going on at each parish? Do they have spies? If I was a bishop, I'd have a "quality control team". Similar to mystery shoppers employed by corporations. haha

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 3 2006, 12:30 PM']Similar to mystery shoppers employed by corporations. haha
[right][snapback]934261[/snapback][/right][/quote]classic :D:

JudgedByGod

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 3 2006, 02:29 PM']They best way to change the way the Liturgy prepared in your parish is to join whatever committee is in charge of preparing the liturgy. [right][snapback]934259[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do they really have those? I have never heard of any kind of committee like that before. If I can find one, I will be sure to join! Although I have a feeling that even the people on the committee would think I'm wrong.

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 3 2006, 11:42 AM']Why do you think this argument is depressing?

It's not really an argument anyway. It's mostly just one person telling us why he doesn't feel it's necessary to follow the obligations defined in Redemptionis Sacramentum. I pray that this isn't an FUS influenced thing.  :huh:
[right][snapback]934202[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]dUSt,
That is kinda provoking. I didn't know you and Adam didn't get along. Adam was advising against 'correcting the priest' in his advice to a kid. After that, you guys argued about nuances and semantics. I thought you guys knew each other better than that.
btw. Does FUS seem too 'liberal' to you or something?

[quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:27 PM']dUSt,
That is kinda provoking.  I didn't know you and Adam didn't get along.  Adam was advising against 'correcting the priest' in his advice to a kid.  After that, you guys argued about nuances and semantics.  I thought you guys knew each other better than that.
btw.  Does FUS seem too 'liberal' to you or something?
[right][snapback]934442[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
We really need a pot stirring smilie...

Fidei Defensor

I dont like this "either-or" attitude on anyone's part.

Talk with your priest if you are ever concerned about abuses. Ask him about certain things, and establish understanding and dialogue.

Then, if the priest truly believes that he has the authority to change the Mass, contact the Bishop.

However, through this whole process, pray.

Dont get me wrong, prayer is the most powerful thing we have. However, God does want action on our part too. We shouldnt just sit around and expect that prayer alone will fix everything. We can act to make sure our prayer can be answered by taking the appropriate action in addressing liturgical abuse.

[url="http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccdds/documents/rc_con_ccdds_doc_20040423_redemptionis-sacramentum_en.html"]LINK[/url]

Brother Adam

[quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:27 PM']dUSt,
That is kinda provoking.  I didn't know you and Adam didn't get along.  Adam was advising against 'correcting the priest' in his advice to a kid.  After that, you guys argued about nuances and semantics.  I thought you guys knew each other better than that.
[right][snapback]934442[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, dUSt for quite some time has shown his strong distaste of "Brother Adam" but has never given a reason. It clearly shows anytime he does respond to anything I say by misconstruing everything I say to mean exactly what I am not saying, or implying. It does make me wonder how I am still on his personal favorites list i.e. I have a "tag".

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 3 2006, 01:30 PM']How would a bishop knows what is going on at each parish? Do they have spies? If I was a bishop, I'd have a "quality control team". Similar to mystery shoppers employed by corporations. haha
[right][snapback]934261[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:ninja: Good idea...

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:46 PM']We really need a pot stirring smilie...
[right][snapback]934468[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I've thought the same thing!

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:23 PM']Yes, dUSt for quite some time has shown his strong distaste of "Brother Adam" but has never given a reason. It clearly shows anytime he does respond to anything I say by misconstruing everything I say to mean exactly what I am not saying, or implying. It does make me wonder how I am still on his personal favorites list i.e. I have a "tag".
[right][snapback]934502[/snapback][/right][/quote]
I love you. Arguing with you is how I show it. Blame it on my upbringing.

[quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 3 2006, 03:27 PM']dUSt,
[right][snapback]934442[/snapback][/right][/quote]
We get along great. I think he's just mad that I haven't sent him his free t-shirt for converting yet.

No, I don't think FUS is too liberal, but I've heard that some of the masses there can be a little over-the-top. I'm withholding judgement until I can visit myself though.

By the way, since you un-converted, you owe phatmass a t-shirt.

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:45 PM']I love you.

Arguing with you is how I show it. Blame it on my upbringing.
We get along great. I think he's just mad that I haven't sent him his free t-shirt for converting yet.

By the way, since you un-converted, you owe phatmass a t-shirt.
[right][snapback]934603[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Great. Got one of the originals. Black w/ white graphics. Premium condition. Large. Send me an addy to ship it to and it'll be in the fed-ex tomorrow!

Brother Adam

We really need to go old school. Like Cyril and Nestorius. They were always very civil, polite, and well mannered before they attempted to shred their opponent to pieces. Actually, quite often, almost always, the one who was the heretic was more charitable than the future saint.

Brother Adam

It would usually go something like this:

Oh dear wonderful brother in the Lord Jesus, dUSt, honorable man of God and upholder of the Sacred Scriptures, I send greetings.
It has been made known to us by letters we have received that your kindness, your esteemed learned one has not taken well to our thoughts about Christ. Let us then look, most gracious dUSt, at what the truth may be. It is that you are guilty of not simply one heresy, but all of them. Every heresy known, you are guilty of.

I'm serious. That is how they would treat each other.

That is an awesome idea.

O lovely Bro Adam, whom does havest thou a shapely backside, I say to ye that thou art guilty of diminishing Redemptionis Sacaramentum. Most gracious Bro Adam, with thine puppy dog eyes and breathtaking wisdom, I commend ye for thou beingist wrong. Amen.

[quote name='jasJis' date='Apr 3 2006, 05:55 PM']Great.  Got one of the originals.  Black w/ white graphics.  Premium condition.  Large. Send me an addy to ship it to and it'll be in the fed-ex tomorrow!
[right][snapback]934610[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Sweet!

PHATMASS.COM, PO BOX 612878, Dallas, TX 75261