An Old School Catholic Message Board

A few things to clear up....

J.R.D

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='J.R.D' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:46 PM']Now is your family discrminated? NO. why cause of the color of thier skin.
[right][snapback]930307[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no. its Because Jack Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Ash Wednesday

Sorry. I'm really very sorry. Trust me, I have had a very horrible evening. (Refer to my prayer request) I extend an olive branch to everyone.

[quote name='J.R.D' date='Mar 31 2006, 08:26 PM']Quietfire I did not miss your point. They were not waveing an American Flag because America is failing Them right now!
[right][snapback]930248[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, you have.

[quote]But as an american you should alreeady knew that. Say if you were in an other country for the same reason you also would be proud of where your culture, belifes and family came from.[/quote]

I am from a multi cultural family. Yet the ONLY flag my family has ever waived, once they stepped foot on this soil, is the American flag.

If I went to England, and I just had to live there and become an English citizen because the opportunities there outweighed those here in America for me and my family, then you bet your sweet petunia I would gladly pick up and waive that English flag and support that country with everything I had in me begging to be made a citizen of that country.
I wouldnt go around waiving an American flag demanding anything.
Mind you, I would never forget or deny my heritage. Nor would I ever stop trying to help those who wish to become citizens of England, but it makes no sense to prop another national flag against the English flag and demand anything, it just doesnt work that way. Dual loyalties will not work here, no way. You must choose.
I would display that English flag with pride, work there, pay my taxes there and register to vote there. I would never forget where I came from, but I would be much happier at where Im at.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud of where youre from. That is what makes America great cause we are all from somewhere else, but you cannot have loyalties to two countries which is what you do when you carry around that flag without showing respect for the American flag, which in todays case it wasnt even present.

So what your saying is that we should have a Hispanic President so all racism remaks and actions would stop coming our way?

[quote name='J.R.D' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:51 PM']So what your saying is that we should have a Hispanic President so all racism remaks and actions would stop coming our way?
[right][snapback]930319[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

HELL NO!

Just cause we carry two flags doesnt mean that our loyalty is to another country not America. My loyalty is to America, but my culture is from Mexico and me, my people, and my family will never forget that!

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:50 PM']Sorry. I'm really very sorry. Trust me, I have had a very horrible evening. (Refer to my prayer request) I extend an olive branch to everyone.
[right][snapback]930317[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Prayers for you.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:50 PM']Sorry. I'm really very sorry. Trust me, I have had a very horrible evening. (Refer to my prayer request) I extend an olive branch to everyone.
[right][snapback]930317[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Im sorry also.

Im leaving the Thread because i have a problem with Pride and i feel the devil knocking at my door.

God Bless you J.R.D :)

Dominus Vobiscum,

Sam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:52 PM']HELL NO!
[right][snapback]930322[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's a little racist dont you think?

Ash Wednesday

Sam, one more thing before you go: you just had to get the last lick in the Pope Alexander thread, didn't you? :lol: :lol: