An Old School Catholic Message Board

A few things to clear up....

J.R.D

Guest Rick777

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Mar 31 2006, 05:30 PM']Without immigration, my Ecuadorean friend wouldn't be here and she's really cool.  Neither would one of my other friends, she's first generation American, her parents are Irish.  Or my British friends. 
Immigration is what this country was founded on, and it's a free country!  This isn't a dictatorship and hopefully it never will be. 

This is a free country, outlawing immigration sounds very KKK to me.
[right][snapback]930261[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Finally someone who doesnt sound like thier cousin is thier wife.

Guest Rick777

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 31 2006, 05:30 PM'][img]http://www.planetunreal.com/tricks2003/images/smiley/whip.gif[/img]

Your little smart@ss comment did not happen to land on my good side.
[right][snapback]930262[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i don't think i would like to be on any of your sides. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:29 PM']AMERICA IS NOT A REFUGEE CAMP
[right][snapback]930258[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But it it holds your IRISH family?

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:30 PM'][img]http://www.planetunreal.com/tricks2003/images/smiley/whip.gif[/img]

Your little smart@ss comment did not happen to land on my good side.
[right][snapback]930262[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[b]I have a right mind to start cussing at you!!! Who cares what got on your good side!!! [/b]

Oh, and by the way, Ricks right.

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:30 PM']Without immigration, my Ecuadorean friend wouldn't be here and she's really cool.  Neither would one of my other friends, she's first generation American, her parents are Irish.  Or my British friends. 
Immigration is what this country was founded on, and it's a free country!  This isn't a dictatorship and hopefully it never will be. 

[/quote]

I agree

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:30 PM']Without immigration, my Ecuadorean friend wouldn't be here and she's really cool.  Neither would one of my other friends, she's first generation American, her parents are Irish.  Or my British friends. 

[/quote]

everything sounds KKK to you neo-catholics.

What do you think the Spanish Inquisition was?

[quote]    * immigrants isolate themselves in their own communities and refuse to learn the language/culture
    * immigrants gainfully acquire jobs which would have otherwise been available to native citizens
    * immigrants damage a sense of community and nationality
    * immigrants increase the consumption of scarce resources
    * immigrants make heavy use of social welfare systems
    * immigrants deplete their countries of origin of badly needed skills (known as the "brain drain" or "poverty trap")
    * large numbers of immigrants and their descendants can swamp a native population and replace its culture with their own; particularly so if the originally immigrant population has a larger rate of growth than the native population. Historically this has actually happened, but with immigrants who were more advanced than native populations; e.g., in most American countries, whose native populations were effectively replaced by Europeans and their culture.
[/quote]

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Rick777' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:26 PM']lol. I'm trying to pull myself away...........argh!
[right][snapback]930247[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Please do. And take Ora et Labora with you. Thanks.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Rick777' date='Mar 31 2006, 06:32 PM']i don't think i would like to be on any of your sides. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]930268[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:hehe:

[quote name='J.R.D' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:32 PM']But it it holds your IRISH family?
[right][snapback]930269[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no it does not. they were forced to come here. they did not use any social programs like welfare or Social security. and they all assimilated and spoke english.

OUR COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON IMMIGRANTS! They will always be IMMIGRANTS because THEY WERE NOT HERE FIRST! The Indians were!

Guest Rick777

neo -Catholics? I'm as traditional as they come buddy. Since when is caring about peoples in corrupt nations Neo-catholic?
And Ora and me are here for the long run. ;)

Edited by Rick777

[quote name='Rick777' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:31 PM']Finally someone who doesnt sound like thier cousin is thier wife.
[right][snapback]930267[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

are you calling me a redneck? :maddest:

Can we all calm down before someone posts something they would never say in public? I understand immigration is a very sensitive topic for many people and we all hold different opinions on it, but lets not put people down. It's either that or someone will have to close this thread