An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone going!?

SisterAli

Laurentina1975

Something about a low celing over Phoenix and Chicago.
When we began our decent it was very turbulent.

:sick: there needs to be a vomit emoticon. Perhaps after I leave, someone will finally make one! LOL Yahoo Messenger has a funny one.

April 21-23rd....so you can't really go unless you decide not to enter Denise...lol

Here is the website for anyone that was looking for it...

[url="http://www.religiouslife.com/"]Institute of Religious Life[/url]

Laurentina are you going?????

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 28 2006, 09:07 PM']When is it?  I could always go, and then after wards, I could torture Lauren and get back at her for posting that awful pic of me.
[right][snapback]926044[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Laurentina1975

Yeah, I am going.

Magnificant....why?

WHY wHy WhY? How could you not go? Why? It's on Saturday aren't weddings usually on Sundays?

I dunno....I ain't never getting married.

passionheart

Geez,

Reading all these posts, I wish I could go this year. It looks like it could be a real phatmass meeting.

However, I can't go the ordination of a friend, and go to the IRL conference. It is too bad because it looks like it will be a wonderful meeting.

Last year, it was during the meeting when John Paul II died. All through the weekend we prayed for our ailing Pope and when the end did come we supported each other in our grief.

Later, I thought how I blessed I was to be at the conference when our Holy Father died. I was with people who really loved him and I thought how there was no where else I wanted to be at that moment.

God is generous.

DM

FutureSoror

[quote name='passionheart' date='Mar 29 2006, 05:49 PM']Last year, it was during the meeting when John Paul II died. All through the weekend we prayed for our ailing Pope and when the end did come we supported each other in our grief.

Later, I thought how I blessed I was to be at the conference when our Holy Father died. I was with people who really loved him and I thought how there was no where else I wanted to be at that moment.

God is generous.

DM
[right][snapback]927600[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was there too, and I fully concur. :)

passionheart

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Mar 29 2006, 08:45 PM']I was there too, and I fully concur.  :)
[right][snapback]927683[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you get the publication called Religious life?? If you do then you know what I look like. I was the good looking black woman on the front cover!!

I get that publication, but I can't remember the cover. . . And of course, I've been getting ready to leave for the monastery, so I've thrown most everything away.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='passionheart' date='Mar 29 2006, 08:53 PM']Do you get the publication called Religious life?? If you do then you know what I look like. I was the good looking black woman on the front cover!!
[right][snapback]927791[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ha ha ha ha
I HAVE TO see it now.

[quote name='passionheart' date='Mar 29 2006, 08:53 PM']Do you get the publication called Religious life?? If you do then you know what I look like. I was the good looking black woman on the front cover!!
[right][snapback]927791[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I need to stop by the library so I can see!!! :topsy:

Also, on a side note, I've read a lot of Dominican books, and I kept seeing this name "Sister Mary Thomas Noble, OP" listed under the translators. And I kept wondering in my head, "Who is this woman?" Finally, a break through! In one of my books it mentioned she lived in Buffalo, and was elected Abbess of her community--is this the community of sisters that you visited? :shock: :idontknow:

passionheart

[quote name='shortnun' date='Mar 30 2006, 10:58 AM']I need to stop by the library so I can see!!!  :topsy:

Also, on a side note, I've read a lot of Dominican books, and I kept seeing this name "Sister Mary Thomas Noble, OP" listed under the translators. And I kept wondering in my head, "Who is this woman?" Finally, a break through! In one of my books it mentioned she lived in Buffalo, and was elected Abbess of her community--is this the community of sisters that you visited?  :shock:  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]928265[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

We have a WINNER!!!!!!! Sr. Mary Thomas right now is the sub prioress in the community. Yes, part of her work is translation and of course she sits on the Council. I like her very much because she loves Shakespeare and any friend of Shakespeare is a friend of mine. :D:

P.S. The Religious LIife issue I mentioned is the one in regards to the IRL conference last year. I told Sr. Joseph Andrew if my being a "Cover Girl " would increase my chances of different orders issuing me invitations :lol_roll: