An Old School Catholic Message Board

Counting Down!

AlterDominicus

How exciting!!!!! I love the Vigil!

At my parish at home, we started with a simple procession from the Sacristy outside (where everyone was) to bless and light the fire. And then we'd process back into the the dark church carrying candles. Absolutely beautiful because our church holds 1,000 people. One year I was carrying the processional cross (which is long and metallic) and managed to walk the bottom of it right into the lowest marble step in the Sanctuary on the way outside. Nothing like a nice loud clang to wake people up! Good thing it was dark because I was probably beet red! :tomato:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 4 2006, 03:29 PM']How exciting!!!!!  I love the Vigil!

At my parish at home, we started with a simple procession from the Sacristy outside (where everyone was) to bless and light the fire.  And then we'd process back into the the dark church carrying candles.  Absolutely beautiful because our church holds 1,000 people.  One year I was carrying the processional cross (which is long and metallic) and managed to walk the bottom of it right into the lowest marble step in the Sanctuary on the way outside.  Nothing like a nice loud clang to wake people up!  Good thing it was dark because I was probably beet red!  :tomato:
[right][snapback]935567[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha, when I was in La Crosse visiting the House of Formation (BTW I'm in their March newsletter!!!!!!!!) We had mass at 7, it went directly from prayer to mass, and during Holy Communion the priest dropped the host when he was giving it to one of the older guests. I had to try and hold back a laugh as it was very echoy, since there wasnt many of us, just 6 of us and the Sisters Three until we prepared for the come and see'ers

Too funny!!! Hmm..weird, I don't get their newsletters, yet I run into the Sisters every few weeks and email rants to their vd ;)! Something wrong with this picture?!?

AlterDominicus

Where do you live? I called them in LaCrosse lastnight to thank them for everything and to see if Sister Philomena accepted my offer, which she did, I'm still happy about it.

10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AlterDominicus

In St. Louis....so I know the FSGM who are in St. Louis & Alton mainly...although I did meet a couple of the sisters who are in WI. They brought some of their girls down for the fall "Come & See" weekend. The only one I remember is Sr. Mary David, a novice, because she's related to someone from home!

Woohoo! Wait, what offer?

AlterDominicus

Sister Philomena and I had about a hour and a half long guitar talk, she named her guitar, (I am desperately needing an acoustic) So I said, "Hey you took my idea!" ( I too was going to name my guitar) Well turns our sister and I have a phenomenal amount in common, and I asked her in a letter if I could name my acoustic when I get it, "Sister Philomena" she said yes!!!!

AlterDominicus

She sounds Italian, like very Italian.

8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AlterDominicus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Mar 28 2006, 04:57 PM']18 DAYS BEFORE BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^_^  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^  :D:D:D:D:drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :saint:  :saint:
[right][snapback]925544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh!!!! That's overwhelmingly exciting!!!! I always come close to tears when I see converts being baptized during Easter. ^_^

AlterDominicus

Yeah, I went last year to my 1st Easter Vigil just to get a glimpse of what would be happening to me, and ooooo it just gives me the excites!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, Me too~ i am being baptized at the vigil, and i have so much to do before then. So excited, can't wait~ and it will be here soon.

finally~

happy for all of you out there too

OOOOH Congrats! :yahoo: I'll be praying for you at the Vigil! I'll also be the one :cry: because I'm such a big baby when it comes to the Easter Vigil, all the candles lighting the sanctuary after beginning in darkness, the incense and the welcoming of the new members into our one holy and apostolic Catholic Church! :love:

God bless you.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 7 2006, 10:18 PM']OOOOH Congrats!  :yahoo:  I'll be praying for you at the Vigil!  I'll also be the one :cry:  because I'm such a big baby when it comes to the Easter Vigil, all the candles lighting the sanctuary after beginning in darkness, the incense and the welcoming of the new members into our one holy and apostolic Catholic Church!  :love:

God bless you.
[right][snapback]939788[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I feel like i am in the early days of the apostles when i go to Easter Vigil Mass!!!

SHALOM

Oh, I like that thought. I'd never thought of it that way, but I see it now, with the adult converts. . .oh that's just such a nice visual!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 8 2006, 01:18 AM']OOOOH Congrats!  :yahoo:  I'll be praying for you at the Vigil!  I'll also be the one :cry:  because I'm such a big baby when it comes to the Easter Vigil, all the candles lighting the sanctuary after beginning in darkness, the incense and the welcoming of the new members into our one holy and apostolic Catholic Church!  :love:

God bless you.
[right][snapback]939788[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Man, it's good to be Catholic :love: