An Old School Catholic Message Board

Virgin Mary appeared

Sixtina87

Mary-Kathryn

Sixtina,

I believe I see what it is that others see.

Having travelled through Utah, I was blown away by the rock formations and the intensity of colors that are painted across them by wind, water, and time. I have also seen Yellowstone and the pools of boiling color that erupt into geysers at a moment's notice. I have been privileged to see the buffalo migrating through this park with their young. Years ago, these animals were almost slaughtered to extinction. I have lived in the desert and watched the barren land erupt into a carpet of flowers when the monsoon season comes. These are some of the natural, beautiful, impossible things I have seen and loved. While what everyone is seeing under the bridge may be Mary to them, I think it is an event of nature and man.

Being a Carmelite, I have read what John of The Cross and Teresa of Avila say on these matters. I believe what they say about personal "visions" and "locutions" could also apply here. Ignore it, don't give it your focus, and continue to seek God in prayer.

On the practical side, I cannot help but believe that Jesus would give His Mother more dignity than to be stuck under a bridge. She has been in a grotto [Lourdes] in a field [Fatima] on a hill {LaSalette}, etc... and only to a few. In the end, we do not need to rush to a bridge when Our Lord is present in every Catholic Church around the world. If we want to adore, step inside a church and give Jesus in The Blessed Sacrament your heart and your time. The best way to honor The Blessed Virgin is to give ourselves to Her Son. If we wish to imitate Her, then be at the foot ofThe Blessed Sacrament when everyone else has left.

Have you sent off the application yet? [sorry it's off-topic I know...if too personal, just ignore!]
Mary-Kathryn

I'm still trying to figure out where this image is. After sleeping, I still can't figure it out. I'm just a :dunce:

Edited by PCPA2Be

Laurentina1975

It made the news here in Arizona. :)

Perhaps if you right click and save the picture, then zoom in on your computer that would help?

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:08 AM']I'm still trying to figure out where this image is.Ā  After sleeping, I still can't figure it out.Ā  I'm just aĀ  :dunce:
[right][snapback]923593[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ok...let me see if I can help you see what I see [And who knows if I'm looking at the right spot? When the mind wants to see something it can be mighty accomodating]

Look at the picture Sixtina posted. Look at the center and go very slowly to the left. It doesn't jump out at you, but I think this is what they are seeing.

Mary-Kathryn

be_thou_my_vision

I think right in the middle of the picture... it's her face and veil. It looks like she is looking down and to her right. It shows the side of her face a little bit. I hope that helps!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Mar 26 2006, 10:52 PM'][img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Sixtina87/virginmary.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]923230[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Okay ppl, evidently you need some help. jsut kidding i was the same way last night when i was looking at it. I'm taking my 2 little Sister tonight and hopfully we still can see her.

Look below the bridge, above the water, in the middle of the pic, just focus on the lighted image, dont try too hard on focusing on a certain point...it just makes it difficult. if you still cant see Her, let me know!!!

and Mary Kathryn, No i havent sent in my app. yet...still trying to get doctor visits done and finnishing up the requirements.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 27 2006, 12:38 PM']April 1st is not until saturday, Nicole!
[right][snapback]923769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
thats not funny dad!!!!

[quote name='magnificat' date='Mar 27 2006, 12:49 PM']Sorry, still can't see it...maybe you can see it better in personĀ  :eek:
[right][snapback]923784[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

its harder in person. okay look at the pic again......the image in on the beams holding up the bridge......try looking at it again.