An Old School Catholic Message Board

modernism

MC Just

what a monstrosity. I seen a particular church that once looked catholic (sorta) to looking totally protestant or anglican. why? Why are these people taking our catholic architecture and beauty away? I wanted to cry when I saw it. If I could I would start a revolution to end such things. IT's very disheartening to see our parishes disapear for something more "modern and ecumenical". nothing seems to be good and nothing seems to be evil anymore, if I complain i know someone will jump me for it. I'm sorry but i dont find modern beautiful I think modernists have a distorted view of beauty I mean come on were CATHOLIC! Can we please look and act CATHOLIC!

Edited by MC Just

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='MC Just' date='Mar 26 2006, 06:41 AM']what a monstrosity.  I seen a particular church that once looked catholic (sorta) to looking totally protestant or anglican. why? Why are these people taking our catholic architecture and beauty away? I wanted to cry when I saw it. If I could I would start a revolution to end such things. IT's very disheartening to see our parishes disapear for something more "modern and ecumenical". nothing seems to be good  and nothing seems to be evil anymore, if I complain i know someone will jump me for it. I'm sorry but i dont find modern beautiful I think modernists have a distorted view of beauty I mean come on were CATHOLIC! Can we please look and act CATHOLIC!
[right][snapback]922540[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

im no fan of modern architechture myself. its disgusting to see churches built after the council.

JudgedByGod

I completely understand what you mean! The church that our college is required to go to is extremely modern. Jesus isn't even in the actual church! Why not have a building that absolutely glorifies God and His beauty. I've pondered this alot, but with today's technology and money, we could build the most amazing churches. Imagine how incredible they could be! Instead we spend the money and technology on things that don't glorify God at all.

crazymaine catholic

that's one reason i love my home parish. it's a beautiful basilica. it sure beats the heck out of the church JudgedByGod is talking about. in fact, my famliy left a church similar to that one and went to the basilica instead.

Noel's angel

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 26 2006, 01:52 PM']im no fan of modern architechture myself. its disgusting to see churches built after the council.
[right][snapback]922583[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not all Churches built after the Council are build according to modern fashions. Don't make sweeping statements like that please

[quote]There is a period of great turmoil after every council. Give it another 60 years.[/quote]

i want documented evidence!!!!!!!!!!! mua hahahah!

cmotherofpirl

Didn't know history was nonsense. There is usually great turmoil for about 50 years after an Ecumenical Council.

Brother Adam

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Mar 26 2006, 11:52 AM']i want documented evidence!!!!!!!!!!! mua hahahah!
[right][snapback]922685[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You wouldn't believe 'documented evidence' even if you got it. If you are a member of the SSPX or a follower, you are not a member of the Holy Catholic Church. Sorry. If you want proof pick up a non schismatic Church history book. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

I'm not a member of the SSPX or a follower. I have a nuteral opinion about them, and consider them in possible schism. I attend an indult Mass and have never stepped foot in an SSPX chapel, much less attended an SSPX Mass.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Mar 26 2006, 04:00 PM']I'm not a member of the SSPX or a follower. I have a nuteral opinion about them, and consider them in possible schism. I attend an indult Mass and have never stepped foot in an SSPX chapel, much less attended an SSPX Mass.
[right][snapback]922804[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that is my opinion too.