An Old School Catholic Message Board

Raph's Signature

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 24 2006, 08:19 PM']No one else likes art, huh?
[right][snapback]921313[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I like art, but i am a little wary of your signature........... :P:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Mlad%C3%BD_Jozef_Sarto_-_neskor%C5%A1%C3%AD_p%C3%A1pe%C5%BE_Pius_X..jpg[/img]

Sanctvs Pivs X, Ora pro nobis!

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:14 PM']As well you should be. :P:
[right][snapback]921446[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Your Signature is not very ecumenical. :lol_roll:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 25 2006, 12:45 AM']Your Signature is not very ecumenical.  :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]921487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ecumenism is not about making concessions to a group which is in the wrong. It is about finding common ground and working for unity under the banner of the Catholic Church.

Common ground: Pope St. Pius X

[quote]Abraham was the Patriarch of the Jewish relegion, he believed that a Messiah would come to Reedem the world .do you suppose he's in Heaven praying for the Catholic Church who Confesses Christ as the Messiah or for the success of a group which denies that Christ is the Messiah? Jews, you'd better return...Abraham, the man you claim as your Patriarch, may rise and testify against you.

[/quote]

So lets take your signature and make it over so its about the jews. ok here it is. would you use that as your signature?

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:01 PM']So lets take your signature and make it over so its about the jews. ok here it is. would you use that as your signature?
[right][snapback]921504[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I would caution against continuing this here... :detective:

I yet again find myself almost agreeing with EENS. Just calm down on the Jew comments lol.

To Raph:
Why bash a religion in a signature. If you were to say the Catholic Church is still of God, do it in a subtle way. You're asking for a fight. You already know that nobody will really contemplate your signature because everyone who is united to Rome would currently agree that schismatics should be part of our Church. Your signature just angers traditionalists when what you should be doing, if you actually want to sound convincing in a debate instead of inciting anger, is to keep the debates personal between people and not to make public statements into your signature that make the people sound stupid. Then you can debate the people in the Debate Table instead of carrying it with you in your signature every topic you post in.

Slave_of_the_Trinity

I came to this thread to check out some really cool art but as I read on i saw a conversation that escalated very fast into something that everyone has taked a part of. Guys, you have got to settle this. EENS i respect how the SSPX believes that the Traditional Mass should be preserved but you beliefs can still be in union with the Church under the Society of St. Peter. this goes out to Raph, I agree also with you that the SSPX should unite with the Church but you could post your belief in a more charitable matter.

[quote name='Slave_of_the_Trinity' date='Mar 25 2006, 06:41 PM']I came to this thread to check out some really cool art but as I read on i saw a conversation that escalated very fast into something that everyone has taked a part of.  Guys, you have got to settle this.  EENS  i respect how the SSPX believes that the Traditional Mass should be preserved but you beliefs can still be in union with the Church under the Society of St. Peter.  this goes out to Raph,  I agree also with you that the SSPX should unite with the Church but you could post your belief in a more charitable matter.
[right][snapback]922220[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I do not show support of the SSPX just because of their views on the traditonal latin mass.

Slave_of_the_Trinity

Well, growing up after Vatican II i dont really know too much about the Church before the Council. Explain what else you think is lacking in the Church, for i truly am ignorant and i would like to understand where you are coming from. :think:

i would give you a good link but it is not allowed. I am not going to get into this argument again, because it happens every few months and nothing is ever solved. if you would like to learn more about the Church before the Council and traditional Catholicism i suggest you come to [mod]we do not link to such sites here on phatmass[/mod]

God Bless,

Sam

Edited by Lil Red