An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocations in Europe

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

Morning all,

Easy question this morning: does anyone know of a website directory type thing with orders and congregations in Europe? I can, with a bit of imagination, find national directories but I was wondering if there was something more contintent-wide.

Otherwise I might go and make one myself...ha! Like I don't have enough to do in my life already....

Love and prayers,

PP

Wouldn't that be nice? I had a hard time just looking for online directories of communities here in the States!

puellapaschalis

Yup! See, I'm part of the mission (aren't we all? ;) ) to Make The Whole World Catholic, European Division. So this is part of my little part of it; I know enough about making websites to get started, I have some webspace I can dedicate to it, and I know very computer-clever people whom I can beseech (I like that word) to help with the deep coding....

There will be some crazy language issues, but I can speak two and understand maybe another two and a half, so we'll simply wing it and see how it turns out.

Love and prayers,

PP

[quote name='puellapaschalis' date='Mar 26 2006, 11:53 AM']That's fantastic, thanks!

PP
[right][snapback]922532[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What kind of order are you looking for?

puellapaschalis

Myself? Cloistered Benedictines.

I was simply wondering whether there was a link/directory/resource thing for Europe.

Love and prayers,

PP

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='923895' date='Mar 27 2006, 03:17 PM']
Myself? Cloistered Benedictines.

I was simply wondering whether there was a link/directory/resource thing for Europe.

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]

The Benedictines' main website would have a directory.

I am expanding our International Cloisters page, but it takes a very long time because of the language barrier.

Blessings,
Gemma

AlterDominicus

Hey I used to know a group in Ireland. Yes they do exist out there, kinda cool, except for the war, in Northern Ireland.