An Old School Catholic Message Board

any comments?

dspen2005

Thy Geekdom Come

That's just sick.

...and what was with the "Hail goddess, full of grace" carp? Do they mean to say that Mary is a goddess or that their "goddess" should just replace Mary in the Ave Maria?

Someone please tell me that's a joke.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:43 PM']i watched it again.
it was sooooooo good
[right][snapback]918588[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You know, you should cut that out...it's bad for your health, and scarier than The Exorcist.

Brother Adam

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:41 PM']That's just sick.

...and what was with the "Hail goddess, full of grace" carp?  Do they mean to say that Mary is a goddess or that their "goddess" should just replace Mary in the Ave Maria?

Someone please tell me that's a joke.
[right][snapback]918586[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm thinking no, it isn't a joke. And from what I understand God is really a Godess, a female God, and not the God of the Scriptures.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:44 PM']You know, you should cut that out...it's bad for your health, and scarier than The Exorcist.
[right][snapback]918589[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

this is more funny than anything else. if i wasn't such a trad i would probably join their church no joke. :ninja:

Brother Adam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:45 PM']this is more funny than anything else. if i wasn't such a trad i would probably join their church no joke.  :ninja:
[right][snapback]918592[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:46 PM']even though they are crazy. they seem real nice.
[right][snapback]918595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, so do the Children of the Corn...good manners and all...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:46 PM']even though they are crazy. they seem real nice.
[right][snapback]918595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
By the way, Sr. M. Johanna here would pummel you for using the word "nice" as if it was a good thing. You know that "nice" actually means "ignorant," right?

A "nice" person is one who acts ignorantly so as not to offend others.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:49 PM']By the way, Sr. M. Johanna here would pummel you for using the word "nice" as if it was a good thing.  You know that "nice" actually means "ignorant," right?

A "nice" person is one who acts ignorantly so as not to offend others.
[right][snapback]918598[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Since when does nice mean ignroant?

they are ignorant.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:52 PM']Since when does nice mean ignroant?

they are ignorant.
[right][snapback]918602[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It's the original meaning of the word.

"Middle English, foolish, from Old French, from Latin nescius, ignorant, from nescre, to be ignorant."

[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nice"]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nice[/url]

As I said, it entered Middle English as an insult for a person without a moral stance, or who was too cowardly to take a position against another. Over time it came to mean someone who was polite enough so as not to "rock the boat." Very late in the English language, it's come to mean "kind," but that's not technically correct.

im not an SSPX Bishop So im not a schismatic.

but thank you for you interest in the state of my mortal soul. :P:

P.S i do not even go to SSPX masses

BTW if i am schismatic (which I am not) you are not bieng very ecumenical to me! :P:

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus