An Old School Catholic Message Board

prayers and any advice please!

benedictaj

I'm down to 45,300! Which isn't too bad since I was at over 51k in June when I started paying. It makes me kind of sick to think of how much money the bank has made off me in interest, but I am trying to put as big of a dent into them as I can.

Okay, back to Em's thread!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:27 AM']I'm down to 45,300! Which isn't too bad since I was at over 51k in June when I started paying. It makes me kind of sick to think of how much money the bank has made off me in interest, but I am trying to put as big of a dent into them as I can.

Okay, back to Em's thread!
[right][snapback]919589[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shock: Oh my goodness thats so expensive!! :wacko: Uni here seems cheap in comparison to that much!! Wow! Here I am complaining about the $2500 its costing me each semester......woah....

I took you along to Mass with me though! And I'll light a candle tonight, our Lady takes care of all things. :D: (and for you too, Denise!)

I just did the conversion...my loans in New Zealand dollars are worth 73,658.20.

I'm so glad that I got paid to go to grad school! All the money I saved from my stipend is about half of my health insurance money for my postulancy.

Edited by jgirl

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 24 2006, 03:09 PM']I just did the conversion...my loans in New Zealand dollars are worth 73,658.20.

I'm so glad that I got paid to go to grad school! All the money I saved from my stipend is about half of my health insurance money for my postulancy.
[right][snapback]919793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:o OK, major prayer time coming up lol!! That is just soooo much money. How do Americans cope if they come out of uni with such huge loans?! Down here, most people go to the UK and work for a year or two...

passionheart

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 23 2006, 10:09 PM']I just did the conversion...my loans in New Zealand dollars are worth 73,658.20.

[right][snapback]919793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, since I am in the same boat as you. Let us keep praying for help for our debts. My friends are starting fundraising for me. By the way, I recieved my grant papers yesterday.

When I was younger, I had no debts but when I had a career and I was laid off from job after job, that is when my money trouble started. I went back to school hoping I could get ahead, and I ended up in deeper debt.

Well, I believe even our debts could bring God glory but as a priest friend said to me God wouldn't lead me to the fertile valley and then leave me stuck in a crevice. I need to trust God and not allow the enemy to sow feelings of fear and resentment.

My friend speaks the truth, I have been there myself.

Cheers,

DM.

P.S. It looks like summer is going to be pretty lonely around here. Hey jgirl when are you planning on entering in July?? My birthday is July 12 and last year a friend mine entered the Dominican nuns in Michigan on that day. So now that day is extra special!!

Marieteresa

[quote name='passionheart' date='Mar 23 2006, 09:22 PM']Well, since I am in the same boat as you. Let us keep praying for help for our debts. My friends are starting fundraising for me. By the way, I recieved my grant papers yesterday.

When I was younger, I had no debts but when I had a career and I was laid off from job after job, that is when my money trouble started. I went back to school hoping I could get ahead, and I ended up in deeper debt.

Well, I believe even our debts could bring God glory but as a priest friend said to me God wouldn't lead me to the fertile valley and then leave me stuck in a crevice. I need to trust God and not allow the enemy to sow feelings of fear and resentment.

My friend speaks the truth, I have been there myself.

Cheers,

DM.

P.S. It looks like summer is going to be pretty lonely around here. Hey jgirl when are you planning on entering in July?? My birthday is July 12 and last year a friend mine entered the Dominican nuns in Michigan on that day. So now that day is extra special!!
[right][snapback]919805[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey D.M I have a question for you since we are in the same boat, if a community told you to pay the debts of yourself and not use a foundation what would you do? Iam facing having to go back to school to get a masters degree just to be able to pay off my student loans. Apparently some communities don't want to use foundations because of the "what if factor" meaning if something happenens and there not able to pay your loans. Also some communities think its best that hou take responsiblities for your loans since one decided to attend the university. Any suggestions would be great! Iam sorry for highjacking the thread

In JMJ

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:09 PM']
And when I'm feeling really wimpy, I just go running and whining to OLAM Dad, LOL!  He is 'da bomb' as teens nowadays say.  :flowers:
[right][snapback]918683[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You mean those PMs you send me aren't form PMs that you send to everybody? :shock:

Man, I should start actually putting some thought into my replies.

Seriously, you're very kind to say such nice things about me. :blush:

passionheart

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Mar 24 2006, 10:49 AM']Hey D.M I have a question for you since we are in the same boat, if a community told you to pay the debts of yourself and not use a foundation what would you do?  Iam facing having to go back to school to get a masters degree just to be able to pay off my student loans.  Apparently some communities don't want to use foundations because of the "what if factor" meaning if something happenens and there not able to pay your loans. Also some communities think its best that hou take responsiblities for your loans since one decided to attend the university.  Any suggestions would be great!  Iam sorry for highjacking the thread

In JMJ
[right][snapback]920111[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well in my case, if I community told me to pay off my debts before I entered I would be too old!!!. I will be collecting a pension :D:

I understand the communities concern because they don't want you to be stuck if the foundation disappears. Yet the circumstances for the loanas are different and I think that should be taken into account. When I went to college the first time back when I graduated high school, I had no debt in fact I had cash. However, my life fell apart and I was desperate to find a job that was more than miminum wage. So I took a risk to go to school and hopefully find the job. It didn't happen.

In truth I don't know what to suggest. I am fundraising as well as looking for the grant. My friends are confident we will succeed. Is age a factor for you? Can you wait a year to clear everything? If not maybe a heart to heart talk with the community might help.

From the start, I told the sisters, I was broke and that is the truth. I have nothing and if it wasn't for my brother, I would be living on the streets. They are sympathic and do want to help but they never told me to go away. So I have to trust that as the money came for my aspirancy so will help from debts.

Cheers,

Donna-Marie

Hehehehe, just some more news people :D: A good friend of mine is going to Alabama this year as he believes he is called to be a Knight of the Holy Eucharist at the Shrine of the Blessed Sacrament. He just told me now, and I am so happy for him! I'm sure he would appreciate your prayers ;)

I'm sure his accent will give him a way but just in case...what is his first name and when is he planning on coming? I'll tell Sr. Lauren to keep an eye out for him. The externs and the Knights spend quite a bit of time together.

Has he talked to Brother David already?

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 26 2006, 11:44 PM']I'm sure his accent will give him a way but just in case...what is his first name and when is he planning on coming?  I'll tell Sr. Lauren to keep an eye out for him.  The externs and the Knights spend quite a bit of time together. 

Has he talked to Brother David already?
[right][snapback]922536[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think he has written to Br David. :)