An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ahem.....

Cam42

:lol_above: I love that smiley. He cracks me up.

I know I can 'feel the Spirit', as it were, when listening to more secular sounding (Ie: Christian rock/rap, etc.) music, but when I have the Blessed Sacrament in front of me? I want to be able to 'hear' myself pray.

stbernardLT

I know the organ is the instrument of choice but it is not like it isn't used for secular stuff. Most Black metal band who sing about everything from necrophilia to demonic sacrifices use organs, a lot of horror movies use organs. So why are other instuments considered secular just because they are associated with other music types, and organs considered sacred eventhough they are still associated with other music types.

Cow of Shame

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 22 2006, 03:11 PM']That pic is just sick and wrong.  I think of my granny. . .
[/quote]

That's odd....that pic in no way conjures up images of my grandmother. What part of that photo, exactly, makes you think, "....G...G..Granny?". Apparently a visit to Grandma's wasn't the humdrum event for you that it was for me.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:27 PM']That's odd....that pic in no way conjures up images of my grandmother.  What part of that photo, exactly, makes you think, "....G...G..Granny?".  Apparently a visit to Grandma's wasn't the humdrum event for you that it was for me.
[right][snapback]918515[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
what is that lady wearing? a bathing suit? Daisy dukes?

She seems to be holding up pretty well, all things considered.

:rolleyes:
I just cannot imagine an old lady streaking in a thong. Apparently you haven't moved beyond literal interpretation.

"Apparently a visit to Grandma's wasn't the humdrum event for you that it was for me."

You're treading on very slippery ground. Before you start insulting people's relatives, I'd stop and think if being the comedic relief you so relish is that important.

toledo_jesus

has anyone else noticed that Phatmass gets very touchy each Lent?

I've been here for three Lents now. Each year I notice an increase in nerve-plucking.

Cow of Shame

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:29 PM']what is that lady wearing?  a bathing suit?  Daisy dukes?

She seems to be holding up pretty well, [b]all things considered.[/b]
[right][snapback]918518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think they're cut up jeans.

Thank goodness I never listen to that on NPR. I'd have to throw out my radio, thanks to you.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:15 PM']:guitar: we come to your feast...we come to your feast
[right][snapback]918503[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:guitar: Sing to the Mountains! sing to the Sea! Raise your Voices! lift you heart!

Brother Adam

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:29 PM']what is that lady wearing?  a bathing suit?  Daisy dukes?

She seems to be holding up pretty well, all things considered.
[right][snapback]918518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes. Yes I have. :mellow:

One need only look at another thread on this forum to know why. holy carp. :pinch:

Cow of Shame

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:36 PM']"Apparently a visit to Grandma's wasn't the humdrum event for you that it was for me."
You're treading on very slippery ground.  Before you start insulting people's relatives, I'd stop and think if being the comedic relief you so relish is that important.
[right][snapback]918522[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Insulting? Did I call your poor old Nanna a gorbellied beef-witted clotpole? Nay!

Now, I [i]can[/i] wildly speculate on what a trip to your MeeMaw's would look like....

--------------------
Toddling along, PCPA2Be opened the stained door at his Grandmother's house.
"Moggy! I'm here!" he declared.

"Well if it ain't that little wagtail of a gran'chile'" a rasping voice called out from the darkened interior. "You jest get choreself on in here and give your Mimi a kiss,"

Picking his way through the cigarette butts and empty gin bottles, PCPA2Be, or "Pippi" as he was wont to be called, entered the lair of his Granny. Giant overstuffed furniture crowded the small living room, like so many fat men squeezed in an elevator. Of course, most fat men wouldn't have been caught dead wearing that many doilies. Any leftover space was crammed with crayoned drawings done in an inexpert hand.

"Smoochie smoochie" snuggled little Pippi. "Your whiskers tickle, Moggy!"

"Haw, you always wuz one to flatter, Pippi. Help your Mimi to the kitchen so's she can have a bit o' breakfist," said his Granny with a wink. Her leather corset creaking like a schooner under heavy gales, Pippi helped his Granny reattach her pegleg and leverage herself up off of her favorite divan. "An' I made you some of those cookies you like so much," she added.

"You left the crickets out of them this time, right? They were too crunchy. I liked the mealworms, though. They gave them a nutty flavor," Pippi replied. He'd become quite the little 'nature man' at Granny's house. He did occasionally wonder if the insects were necessary to build 'moral fibre' as she claimed, or if she just didn't feel like buying chocolate chips.

"Just you wait and see!" she cackled. "Give Alphonse his morning mousie, and I'll add an extra cookie to your plate,"

Pippi entered the bathroom off of his Granny's kitchen. Snippets the goat eyed him madly as he sidled past on his way to the large clawfoot tub in the corner. Perhaps it wasn't in the best interest of the nanny's mental health to keep her in the same room as a 4 ft alligator, but his Moggy had always believed that 'what didn't kill you made you stronger.' No doubt Snippets could eat bullets by now. He gave her a wide berth.

Opening the door of the cabinet, Pippi selected two young white mice and flipped them towards the sloshing tub. Pinwheeling wildly through the air, legs flailing, the mice squeaked their outrage. Thankfully, they didn't have to worry about the long term effects of high blood pressure.
--------------------

How'm I doing so far? Sound familiar?

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:44 PM']Insulting?  Did I call your poor old Nanna a gorbellied beef-witted clotpole?  Nay!

Now, I [i]can[/i] wildly speculate on what a trip to your MeeMaw's would look like....

--------------------
Toddling along, PCPA2Be opened the stained door at his Grandmother's house.
"Moggy!  I'm here!" he declared.

"Well if it ain't that little wagtail of a gran'chile'" a rasping voice called out from the darkened interior.  "You jest get choreself on in here and give your Mimi a kiss,"

Picking his way through the cigarette butts and empty gin bottles, PCPA2Be, or "Pippi" as he was wont to be called, entered the lair of his Granny.  Giant overstuffed furniture crowded the small living room, like so many fat men squeezed in an elevator.  Of course, most fat men wouldn't have been caught dead wearing that many doilies.  Any leftover space was crammed with crayoned drawings done in an inexpert hand. 

"Smoochie smoochie" snuggled little Pippi.  "Your whiskers tickle, Moggy!"

"Haw, you always wuz one to flatter, Pippi.  Help your Mimi to the kitchen so's she can have a bit o' breakfist," said his Granny with a wink.  Her leather corset creaking like a schooner under heavy gales, Pippi helped his Granny reattach her pegleg and leverage herself up off of her favorite divan.  "An' I made you some of those cookies you like so much," she added.

"You left the crickets out of them this time, right?  They were too crunchy.  I liked the mealworms, though.  They gave them a nutty flavor," Pippi replied.  He'd become quite the little 'nature man' at Granny's house.  He did occasionally wonder if the insects were necessary to build 'moral fibre' as she claimed, or if she just didn't feel like buying chocolate chips.

"Just you wait and see!" she cackled.  "Give Alphonse his morning mousie, and I'll add an extra cookie to your plate,"

Pippi entered the bathroom off of his Granny's kitchen.  Snippets the goat eyed him madly as he sidled past on his way to the large clawfoot tub in the corner.  Perhaps it wasn't in the best interest of the nanny's mental health to keep her in the same room as a 4 ft alligator, but his Moggy had always believed that 'what didn't kill you made you stronger.'  No doubt Snippets could eat bullets by now.  He gave her a wide berth. 

Opening the door of the cabinet, Pippi selected two young white mice and flipped them towards the sloshing tub.  Pinwheeling wildly through the air, legs flailing, the mice squeaked their outrage.  Thankfully, they didn't have to worry about the long term effects of high blood pressure.
--------------------

How'm I doing so far?  Sound familiar?
[right][snapback]918591[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You want to write my story for me?

Cow of Shame

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:48 PM']You want to write my story for me?
[right][snapback]918597[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Feel free to plagarize from me. Getting started is the hardest part...it's easier if someone gives you a subject to start on. PCPA2Be could give you a hand with that, I'm sure.

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='jezic' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:13 PM']what about a harpsichord? (sp)
[right][snapback]918624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, because the strings are plucked and not bowed. The harpsichord would fall under the same reasoning of opposition as the guitar.