An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ahem.....

Cam42

Brother Adam

It will be interesting to see if FUS revolts if these documents were ever released. I'd be willing to bet they would not change anything...

But I doubt I'll be around to see it.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:55 PM']It will be interesting to see if FUS revolts if these documents were ever released. I'd be willing to bet they would not change anything...

[right][snapback]918049[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
why, are you on your deathbed?

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:55 AM']It will be interesting to see if FUS revolts if these documents were ever released. I'd be willing to bet they would not change anything...

[right][snapback]918049[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Why would they revolt? I thought FUS was a pretty traditional university?

Brother Adam

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:03 PM']Why would they revolt?  I thought FUS was a pretty traditional university?
[right][snapback]918055[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The theology is orthodox, but their liturgies are something less than to be desired. They use all kinds of instruments, and really don't exclude any instrument (the kazoo included) as being out of bounds. They also make liberal use of extraordinary ministers (they are ordinary, trained, and scheduled, and they try to let as many people as possible be EM's so they feel like they get to participate).

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:19 AM']I'm just saying before you start spraying the mushy mud pie, the organ was not always big with the Church.
[right][snapback]917927[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

i'm sorry, that just cracked me up! :lol_pound:

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:18 AM']The theology is orthodox, but their liturgies are something less than to be desired. They use all kinds of instruments, and really don't exclude any instrument (the kazoo included) as being out of bounds. They also make liberal use of extraordinary ministers (they are ordinary, trained, and scheduled, and they try to let as many people as possible be EM's so they feel like they get to participate).
[right][snapback]918064[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:ohno: that is too bad. FUS uses the kazoo. do they sing real songs with their crazy instruments or GIA and Haugen songs with their drums and kazoos? :unsure:

Brother Adam

[quote name='kateri05' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:34 PM']:ohno:  that is too bad.  FUS uses the kazoo.  do they sing real songs with their crazy instruments or GIA and Haugen songs with their drums and kazoos? :unsure:
[right][snapback]918088[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They have never actually used a kazoo from what I know of, but haven taken liturgy with the campus chaplian, he refused to exclude any instrument as something that could not be used. Someone said "Even the kazoo" and he said "Even the Kazoo."

lol, OHNO! i was just kidding about the silly kazoo... who was the lit. prof? cuz i have Fr. Giles right now for Sacraments and i know he also teaches (taught?) Liturgy and i can't IMAGINE him thinking that.

FUS just fell off the pedastal :sadwalk:

Brother Adam

[quote name='kateri05' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:40 PM']lol, OHNO!  i was just kidding about the silly kazoo...  who was the lit. prof?  cuz i have Fr. Giles right now for Sacraments and i know he also teaches (taught?) Liturgy and i can't IMAGINE him thinking that.

FUS just fell off the pedastal :sadwalk:
[right][snapback]918096[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'd prefer not to give the name of the prof since they can't speak for themselves. FUS fell off a pedastal a long time ago for myself. I started to go here lol.

Edited by Brother Adam

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Mar 21 2006, 10:08 PM']Or 80 year old women in this...whatever it is....[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/Cow_of_Shame/gramma.jpg[/img][right][snapback]917472[/snapback][/right][/quote][quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:19 AM']I'm just saying before you start spraying the mushy mud pie, the organ was not always big with the Church.[right][snapback]917927[/snapback][/right][/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:49 PM']:lol:
[right][snapback]918115[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

can ppl PLEASE stop posting that :rolling:

That pic is just sick and wrong. I think of my granny. . .and not to be profane, but that's. . .. that's . . . ok we need a vomit emoticon.

Fidei Defensor

My parish uses our beautiful sounding organ for all Masses, and our great choir uses the choir loft in the back of Church to sing traditional hymns. No gregorian chant as of yet :( But, there is hope :)

And for the record, I am only 16 and I much prefer gregorian chant to any other kind of music for the Mass. Leave everything except the classic instruments of sacred music outside of the mass.

heyyoimjohnny

I've heard the guitar sound nice in a liturgy. And, I've heard it sound terrible too. I refuse to play it at a Mass myself, but at our Church, if the selection isn't crappy, the guitar sounds nice picked softly.