An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sister of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

HisChild

AlterDominicus

Hey guys we should make this into a game. Everyone gets to bet on four sisters who think will be the ones going to AR. Whoever wins, will get something, um...hmm...need to think of what though. LIke Hail Mary's!!!!

I.e I bet 60 Hail Marys on so so so so

Edited by AlterDominicus

I don't know anyone in the SMME. However. . .It's AZ not AR. AR is Arkansas. (lit bit of AZ pride, there lol)

[quote name='JamesTheYounger' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:30 PM']When are they gonna send some sisters to Australia?
we need some orthodox orders here, its seems our only orthodox orders are cloistered.
We desperately need  good active orders over here to teach our kids the Truth.
The SMME is definitely an inspiring order, it gives me a lot of hope for the future of the Church.
[right][snapback]917597[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Franciscan Immaculatine Sisters were founded by a Capuchin Friar in Italy. We have 3 sisters at our Seminary in Sydney. They run a retreat and Conference center work in our parish in Plumpton and the schools and are about as orthodox as you can get in an active order :D:

LilyofSaintMaria

That is totally super! I am so happy for them! I went on retreat once and have been conversing back and forth with Sister Joseph Andrew. Wonderful, wonderful! Did you guys hear about the Oblates of Mary, Queen of the Apostles are moving entirely from PA down to MO! (I think that's the state!) They were invited by Bishop Burke from Wisconsin who was recently relocated. They are some more wonderful sisters you gotta check out if you haven't already. :)

Bernadette

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 22 2006, 07:13 PM']Haven't a clue, darlin'  :cool:  :detective: 
It's ok, AZ will forgive you! 
:P:
[right][snapback]918502[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It was funny because I read it and immediately thought, "Are they going to Arkansas, too?"

[quote name='LilyofSaintMaria' date='Mar 23 2006, 06:48 AM']That is totally super! I am so happy for them! I went on retreat once and have been conversing back and forth with Sister Joseph Andrew. Wonderful, wonderful!  Did you guys hear about the Oblates of Mary, Queen of the Apostles are moving entirely from PA down to MO! (I think that's the state!) They were invited by Bishop Burke from Wisconsin who was recently relocated. They are some more wonderful sisters you gotta check out if you haven't already. :)

Bernadette
[right][snapback]918822[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
MO is where Archbishop Burke is. I hadn't heard that, but it would be neat to have one more contemplative community near us.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 23 2006, 06:57 AM']MO is where Archbishop Burke is. I hadn't heard that, but it would be neat to have one more contemplative community near us.
[right][snapback]918826[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:offtopic:

LOL I'm trying to figure out where they're gonna stay. There IS a convent there, but I thought it was occupied. Hmmmm

AlterDominicus

Yeah. I am curious as to what Sister Jo's email reply is gonna been when she answers mine again, maybe I should tell her were betting Hail Mary's on four sisters, LOL. Or at least, I am. :idontknow: :lol:

Edited by AlterDominicus

Well, tell them the entire Phoenix area seems to be waiting for them with bated breath! LOL