An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sister of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist

HisChild

I just got a newsletter from my former parish, St Thomas the Apostle in Phoenix, Arizona.

The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are joining the parish (and school?) in August 2006. Please pray for them! How exciting ! Even if I won't be here to see them!

:yahoo:

Laurentina1975

My mommy lives in AZ, maybe I should move in with her and start discerning all over again...hahhah just kidding, me loves the DSP's.

Can someone send the Northeastern US people some help? Stop hogging all the actual Catholic orders! Us orthodox Catholics are drowning in liberalism!

The PCPA and the SMME are the first two orthodox communites in the Phoenix diocese. Up until Bishop Olmstead was appointed here, the more orthodox communities. ..weren't welcome. :(

So, we are reaping our blessings now!

:woot:

But I'll pray for y'all. And where do you live? NY has the Sisters of Life, the Hawthorne Dominicans, not to mention a TON of contemplative orders!

*rushes back to school to tell the (Dominican) student brothers*

They will be so excited to hear the "gossip"!!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 21 2006, 09:45 AM']I just got a newsletter from my former parish, St Thomas the Apostle in Phoenix, Arizona.

The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are joining the parish (and school?) in August 2006.  Please pray for them!  How exciting !  Even if I won't be here to see them! 

:yahoo:
[right][snapback]916413[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wait, wait wait, WHAT????? I'm sorry. :shock: :shock: My eyes must be clogged, I'm not sure if I read you right did you say the DOMINICAN SISTERS OF MARY MOTHER OF THE EUCHARIST?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :beer: :beer:

AlterDominicus

Holy freaking carp, I'm gonna faint!!!!!!!!! Tooo much joy and excitement pummeled me a little toooooooooooo quickly at once. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: = :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore:

How many of you know that I am a Dominican Sister of Mary Mother of the Eucharist addict? (raise your hand)

[i]Well, obviously you all know now!!![/i]

Well the sisters in the brown habits that recite the Rosary, are the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration. Those are the ones you see at [url="http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/nuns.htm"]http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/nuns.htm[/url]

Or their other communites which are www.desertnuns.com, or the one that I am joining www.stjosephmonastery.com

These are the SMME: [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/[/url]

A lot of communites have been featured on Life on the Rock, so you may have seen them there.

well, they have been saying for a while that once they get enough sisters they were going to start branching out. i guess now is the time.

that is soooo cool.

JamesTheYounger

When are they gonna send some sisters to Australia?
we need some orthodox orders here, its seems our only orthodox orders are cloistered.
We desperately need good active orders over here to teach our kids the Truth.
The SMME is definitely an inspiring order, it gives me a lot of hope for the future of the Church.