An Old School Catholic Message Board

A message from Maggie and Simon

OLAM Dad

(My two youngest wanted to say something)

Hello, my name is Maggie. I am 8 years old. Very young huh? Well, I live in Willis, Texas. I am one of 6 kids. I've been to Alabama almost 7 times. It's very beautiful there, cold too.

My sister is Sister Lauren. I have three brothers and two sisters. Sr. Lauren is an extern which I like because I can hug her when I visit. I'm thinking about being a nun too. It's very interesting. Being a nun at Mother Angelica's order is very nice. But too bad you can't see Mother too much, she is very sick.

It is a very good thing to become a nun, living in a holy life. So, I'm thinking about becoming one too.

Good bye.

Howdy. This is Simon. And I'm thinking about becoming a friar if it is God's will, or maybe a knight or a wood chopper, if it's God's will. I want to be able to yell, 'TIMBER'.

I love Sr. Lauren and I don't want her to be in jail either because I don't get to hug her.

Well, that's all. Goodbye.

Oh My Goodness! That is JUST too cute!!! Timber? :hehehe:

And heyyyy Simon! Jail? She's not in jail! The grille is sort of like a reminder for the nuns that they are separated from the world for Jesus. It also reminds the family who comes to visit that she is also separated for Him because sometimes family forgets that.

I will pray for you and Maggie that you be good and holy, whatever God wills for you!

:love:

soon to be Sister Denise

passionheart
:lol_roll:

Hmm.... I see the apples don't fall too far from the tree Dad!!! Edited by passionheart

Hello to Maggie and Simon! How blessed to have a sister who is becoming a nun! I think that would bring special blessings into your lives. How old is Simon?

My 8-yo sister is obsessed with my entering religious life. She tells all her friends very loudly, "MY SISTER IS GOING TO BE A NUN!" This is amazing to her partly because she is so interested in getting married. My 6-yo sister, however, asks me, "How long will you be in the monastery?" "Well honey, for the rest of my life (God willing)!" "Then you'd still be there if I entered?" Definately vocation material there. (The 3-yo doesn't comment much on the topic.)

Last year, I babysat for this one family in Normal. The girl, Maggie, who was in kindergarten at the time, announced at dinner, "When I'm a nun, I'm gonna be an actress!"

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 21 2006, 10:48 AM']Awwwww Simon is sooo cute and so is Maggie.

Can you post some pics of them?

Awwww :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]916415[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Maggie...
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/IMG_2253.jpg[/img]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Adorable ^_^

My frined Joe asked my little sister if she was going to be a nun too and she said "I don't know" very quietly... I really haven't told her-told her what is going to happen and the specifics... Maybe I will take her to meet the sisters... :)

Your kids are so adorable! The whole lot of'em! :) What a blessing...