An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hankie's For JGirl

Laurentina1975

BurkeFan, you have to be familiar with ALL of the Vocation Station thread in order to understand them all.

It ain't fair, it's just the way it is.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 20 2006, 07:28 PM']BurkeFan, you have to be familiar with ALL of the Vocation Station thread in order to understand them all.

It ain't fair, it's just the way it is.
[right][snapback]916066[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
On the contrary, it is quite fair... I think my brain is defunct today, because I kept thinking that hankies wouldn't make good chapel veils and I couldn't understand why else she would need them. :shutup: It didn't cross my mind that there was an actual list of things to bring. :pinch:

eta: Actually, if you're handy and have extra t-shirts, you could cut out a square and stitch the edges. Voila! A hankie, and probably better than the ones you could buy.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 20 2006, 09:37 PM']eta: Actually, if you're handy and have extra t-shirts, you could cut out a square and stitch the edges. Voila! A hankie, and probably better than the ones you could buy.
[right][snapback]916113[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ooooooooooh points for creativity!!! :teach: <------------- I guess those are your points.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 20 2006, 08:37 PM']On the contrary, it is quite fair... I think my brain is defunct today, because I kept thinking that hankies wouldn't make good chapel veils and I couldn't understand why else she would need them.  :shutup: It didn't cross my mind that there was an actual list of things to bring.  :pinch:

eta: Actually, if you're handy and have extra t-shirts, you could cut out a square and stitch the edges. Voila! A hankie, and probably better than the ones you could buy.
[right][snapback]916113[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is a good idea! They'd be soft, too.

My only problem is that I can't sew! The handkerchiefs are nothing compared to what I need to make. I already have to find somebody to either make or teach me how to make my two postulant uniforms and three denim aprons. :doh:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 20 2006, 10:47 PM']That is a good idea! They'd be soft, too.

My only problem is that I can't sew! The handkerchiefs are nothing compared to what I need to make. I already have to find somebody to either make or teach me how to make my two postulant uniforms and three denim aprons. :doh:
[right][snapback]916234[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

JGirl, if you are in Illinois, I know just the Sister for ya! I'd have to ask her though, BUT I AM almost 100% sure she'd take you up to her sewing room and love to show you!

You in IL?

Laurentina1975

If you are NOT in Illinois, do you have a model of what your postulant uniform would look like? Did they give you like a certain way to do it? Directions? What kind of material, color, size, etc.?

If you are not in Illinois, I could see if she would do it with your measurements and then I can donate some money to her community. I would have to ask her first though....

She makes beautiful habits....

:idontknow:

PM me if you need me. Lauren

Edited by Laurentina1975

I think some of the Daughters of Isabella (ie, the other sisters in the Monastery of the Sacred Heart) know how to sew... they at least know how to crochet pretty darn well.

jenny,
could you PM me and tell me what is on that list!!!! I know brown socks is one of the items.....i am just curious......starting to fill out my app tomorrow!!!! yeah!!!