An Old School Catholic Message Board

PLEASE READ- PLEASE PRAY FOR ME

EncounterWithGod

EncounterWithGod

Last week i had the oppertunity to explore my vocation some more when i spent the weeks with some Benedictine Monks, since then i have Applyed to join the community, please pray that i will make it in.
the reason i ask for your prayers is becasue its going to be a tough road but i believe i can do it, if you dont know me, im 19 years old and im in a wheelchair. paralized from the waist down, so daily life is sometimes a little difficult some times, and i deff have some hurddles to get over, but right now all i ask is that im accpeted into the community! so please pray for me

Love in Christ
Dom

Will certainly keep you in my prayers.I have a great respect for the Benedictine Rule--what a great monastic tradition within the Church!
Keep us posted on your journey, OK?

BTW, are you applying to Conception Abbey? Just wondered, since you are from Kansas City, right?

*sounds of prayers storming heaven* <--------- after all, this is Phatmass. Prayers abound here!

Dom, many prayers from the other side of the state for you. Prayers of thanksgiving that you've persevered and answered God's call for your life. Prayers of thanksgiving for the community who opened their home to you. Prayers of widsom, courage, and strength in this coming time as you await a decision.

TeresaAvila

Please be assurred of my prayers for you, and the community, God Love ya for answering and persevering on HIS beautiful call, please keep us posted on how your journey goes!!

God Bless You! :saint:

Oh my gosh...I was reading your first post and didn't know you were from Kansas City and I was like...YAY I love the Benedictines. They run Conception Abbey near Kansas City where Conception Seminary is. I wonder where this guy is from! And then stlmom asked if you were talking about Conception and you were. So that just made my day!

Anway I'll for sure pray for you. I've considered becoming and Benedicine but I love the Franciscan's too. I live in Shelbina, MO in the Jeff City Diocese. I'm close to Quincy Ill. which is really Franciscan so I have seen great things from both Orders.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='djc08' date='Mar 20 2006, 06:02 PM']I'm close to Quincy Ill.  which is really Franciscan so I have seen great things from both Orders.
[right][snapback]915991[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Weird I was thinking about going to Quincy Uni... but that was a while ago...

srmarymichael

[quote name='EncounterWithGod' date='Mar 18 2006, 07:51 PM']Last week i had the oppertunity to explore my vocation some more when i spent the weeks with some Benedictine Monks, since then i have Applyed to join the community, please pray that i will make it in.
the reason i ask for your prayers is becasue its going to be a tough road but i believe i can do it, if you dont know me, im 19 years old and im in a wheelchair. paralized from the waist down, so daily life is sometimes a little difficult some times, and i deff have some hurddles to get over, but right now all i ask is that im accpeted into the community! so please pray for me
Love in Christ
Dom
[right][snapback]914800[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hang in there Dom! God's Will be done! I think it's awesome -- don't think of them as obstacles, think of them as gifts! :saint: God tries to use everything for good (if we let Him)!

ditto on the prayers...

Edited by srmarymichael