An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Cam especially...

brendan1104

[quote name='Cam42' date='Mar 27 2006, 10:09 PM']I have a better idea.....how about you leave the schismatic attitude and come back to Rome.  If you never left, then start respecting that which you owe your allegiance.

You owe the Pope your obedience.....this includes the Liturgy and the SSPX issue.
[right][snapback]924488[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thank you Cam, once again, telling it like it is.... Preach on brutha-man!!!!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 26 2006, 08:49 PM']all this argument makes me tired of Catholicism.
[right][snapback]923137[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you were always tired of it sam...im sorry. you dont want to see the big picture.

and this is really not necessary. i back dave and cam 100% what they say and the info they show are solid.

we all know the situation with the SSPX...well, most of us. if anyone wants the solid truth for it, get the book More Catholic Then the Pope by Patrick Madrid and Pete Vere. :)

Ora et Labora

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Mar 28 2006, 07:17 AM']I wish I could... but with everything I've read from the SSPX/other trad sites and books it's hard... I wouldn't know where to begin reading un-biased books on liturgy, vatican 2, doctrine, etc.
[right][snapback]924837[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have an idea...stop reading all of of the trash that the SSPX give you and start reading solid books. Like the Boltimore Catechism. :)

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 26 2006, 09:09 PM']yes. but (and i do not mean this in an offensive or mean way) i don't give it out to people i do not know.
[right][snapback]923175[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

do you know me well enough? ;) lol

brendan1104

It's a good thing that I called the SSPX priest. Turns out that the previous sick call was only a pastoral visit from a permanent deacon- who cannot administer Extreme Unction/absolve/bestow the Apostolic Blessing.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Mar 30 2006, 05:33 PM']you were always tired of it sam...im sorry. you dont want to see the big picture.

and this is really not necessary. i back dave and cam 100% what they say and the info they show are solid.

we all know the situation with the SSPX...well, most of us. if anyone wants the solid truth for it, get the book More Catholic Then the Pope by Patrick Madrid and Pete Vere. :)
[right][snapback]928751[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

im always tired of it? :lol:
[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Mar 30 2006, 05:37 PM']do you know me well enough?  ;)  lol
[right][snapback]928754[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

if you want it... sure.

that goes for you to Paphnutius

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:20 PM']that goes for you to Paphnutius
[right][snapback]928895[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]I had not read this thread in a while so I must give up to providence to stumbling upon this at this time. If you would like to pm or e-mail it to me that would be wonderful.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:19 PM']It's a good thing that I called the SSPX priest. Turns out that the previous sick call was only a pastoral visit from a permanent deacon- who cannot administer Extreme Unction/absolve/bestow the Apostolic Blessing.
[right][snapback]928894[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:shock:

Wow.....I'm actually shocked.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 30 2006, 07:20 PM']im always tired of it?  :lol:
if you want it... sure.

that goes for you to Paphnutius
[right][snapback]928895[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, you were.

And no thanks, I was just curious. lol

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Mar 30 2006, 09:19 PM']It's a good thing that I called the SSPX priest. Turns out that the previous sick call was only a pastoral visit from a permanent deacon- who cannot administer Extreme Unction/absolve/bestow the Apostolic Blessing.
[right][snapback]928894[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

While it was most certainly valid, my question is this.....why go to the SSPX first? Why wouldn't you go to the local parish and have the parish priest come down?

Please don't give the stock answer about the SSPX being holier and more blah, blah, blah.....that is a cop out.

Seriously, why would you head toward a schismatic to take care of a Catholic?

Here is an analogy that is valid and sound:

(circa 269AD)
Maletus is in danger of death and his friend Brendanus Maggus, was visiting him. Now as he neared death, rather than finding Athanasius, he sought out Arius, because he thought that Arius' views were more in line with his own spirituality. Even though Athanasius was closer and more available, he still found Arius.

The question is ultimately this....why would you ask a shismatic to administer a sacrament rather than a juridically appointed priest from the local Ordinary? The only answer is this and it is clear....SPIRITUAL PRIDE.

Brendan you believe that somehow the SSPX is more valid than the Church. It may be psychosomatic, it may be subconscious, but that is the reason. Plain and simple.

I am glad that you don't think this way any longer and I am glad that you have realized this.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Cam42' date='Mar 30 2006, 10:23 PM']While it was most certainly valid, my question is this.....why go to the SSPX first?  Why wouldn't you go to the local parish and have the parish priest come down?

Please don't give the stock answer about the SSPX being holier and more blah, blah, blah.....that is a cop out.

Seriously, why would you head toward a schismatic to take care of a Catholic?

Here is an analogy that is valid and sound:

(circa 269AD)
Maletus is in danger of death and his friend Brendanus Maggus, was visiting him.  Now as he neared death, rather than finding Athanasius, he sought out Arius, because he thought that Arius' views were more in line with his own spirituality.  Even though Athanasius was closer and more available, he still found Arius.

The question is ultimately this....why would you ask a shismatic to administer a sacrament rather than a juridically appointed priest from the local Ordinary?  The only answer is this and it is clear....SPIRITUAL PRIDE.

Brendan you believe that somehow the SSPX is more valid than the Church.  It may be psychosomatic, it may be subconscious, but that is the reason.  Plain and simple.

I am glad that you don't think this way any longer and I am glad that you have realized this.
[right][snapback]929101[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wasn't Athansius excommunicated at one point as well?

the SSPX priests are not heretics like Arius.

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Mar 30 2006, 11:36 PM']Wasn't Athansius  excommunicated at one point as well?

the SSPX priests  are not heretics like Arius.
[right][snapback]929128[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Perhaps you need to go to school. You missed the whole point.

brendan1104

Because the local priest (s)- authorized by the local ordinary- sent a deacon- who has absolutely no power to administer the Last Rites.

Who else was I supposed to call?

Do you know, Cam, how many priests refuse to go on or blow off sick calls? Especially in Buffalo/Rochester?

I did what I had to do conscience- call the nearest priest who I knew would go and do what priests always did- anoint, absolve, and give the Apostolic Blessing.

And while I no longer go to the SSPX/hold its postions, I'm glad I did what I did, because no one else would, and because my aunt died with the sacraments- the right of every Catholic, which would never have happened if I didn't call the SSPX priest.