An Old School Catholic Message Board

I got my application!

BurkeFan

On March 15th, I had my long application interview to find out if I would be given an application for the Eastern Province Dominicans and be allowed to apply to enter for this year. I got it! :yahoo: This is a huge step and basically means that the vocations director thinks that I'm ready to move forward with my application and am ready to enter the Dominicans. I'm going to be going before the vocations council to be interviewed (again) on April 27th. So, pray for me please as I go through this process! Hopefully you'll see me on here: [url="http://vocations.blog.com/"]http://vocations.blog.com/[/url] in August! :D:

passionheart

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 17 2006, 12:23 PM']On March 15th, I had my long application interview to find out if I would be given an application for the Eastern Province Dominicans and be allowed to apply to enter for this year. I got it!  :yahoo:  This is a huge step and basically means that the vocations director thinks that I'm ready to move forward with my application and am ready to enter the Dominicans. I'm going to be going before the vocations council to be interviewed (again) on April 27th. So, pray for me please as I go through this process! Hopefully you'll see me on here: [url="http://vocations.blog.com/"]http://vocations.blog.com/[/url] in August!  :D:
[right][snapback]913896[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Eastern Province is St. Joseph Province isn't it????

The Dominican Nuns I just spent time with in Buffalo are in the the same province. So we will be brother and sister. Cool :D:

Blessings and Congratulations.

[quote name='passionheart' date='Mar 17 2006, 06:51 PM']The Eastern Province is St. Joseph Province isn't it????

The Dominican Nuns I just spent time with in Buffalo are in the the same province. So we will be brother and sister.  Cool :D:

Blessings and Congratulations.
[right][snapback]914294[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, it is the St. Joseph Province! That's really awesome! Yay for future Dominican sibling relations! :D:

Lilllabettt

Their House of Studies is literally right down the street from where I live ... I walk by it every day on my way to work and get to see the friars in full regalia. I love the province of St. Joseph! They are the awesomest! (Okay, I'm biased, because the person who guided my RCIA class was one of their brothers.)

Seriously though. They are the best!!!

Lilllabettt

Their House of Studies is literally right down the street from where I live ... I walk by it every day on my way to work and get to see the friars in full regalia. I love the province of St. Joseph! They are the awesomest! (Okay, I'm biased, because the person who guided my RCIA class was one of their brothers.)

Seriously though. They are the best!!!

Congratulations! That is so awesome! I love the novices and all the friars. It would be so cool to have people I actually "know" in one way or another among them. I'll keep you in my prayers--pray too for a friend of mine who is discerning a vocation to the Eastern Province.

As far as Orderly siblings go, though, do you limit that to provincial boundaries? I'm aiming for within the Order at large, since the monastery I am discerning with is in Alabama (hence the Southern Province, St. Martin de Porres) but I've grown up around Eastern Province friars.

LOL When Our Lord says he will give you back family 100 fold He's not kidding!

[quote name='TheresaMF' date='Mar 18 2006, 04:00 PM']Congratulations!  That is so awesome!  I love the novices and all the friars.  It would be so cool to have people I actually "know" in one way or another among them.  I'll keep you in my prayers--pray too for a friend of mine who is discerning a vocation to the Eastern Province.

As far as Orderly siblings go, though, do you limit that to provincial boundaries?  I'm aiming for within the Order at large, since the monastery I am discerning with is in Alabama (hence the Southern Province, St. Martin de Porres) but I've grown up around Eastern Province friars.

[right][snapback]914756[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sure thing on the prayers, and, nope! All Dominicans are siblings the world around.