An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Flood was a global event

Desert Walker

[quote name='Azriel' date='Mar 21 2006, 01:37 PM']I would really like to see you reply to Sojourner's and others posts, Adam, because I, too, feel that you owe cmom an apology.
[right][snapback]916663[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:popcorn:

Brother Adam

[quote name='Era Might' date='Mar 22 2006, 05:34 AM']Then you move on and amend yourself.

If the Fathers never theologized because they were deathly afraid of being wrong, the Catholic faith wouldn't exist. They kicked around ideas, most of them were right, sometimes they were wrong.

The development of Truth, theological or scientific, is part of life.
[right][snapback]917598[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point! :mellow:

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 21 2006, 08:09 PM']But of course, that is not what you implied in your post that is by far in the past. :)
[right][snapback]917097[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:idontknow:

OK, Adam. :rolleyes:

Brother Adam

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:19 AM']:idontknow:

OK, Adam.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]917648[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OK, Jesus. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:00 AM']How do you know I haven't PM'd her? Who made you God?
[right][snapback]917638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My personal policy is that if the offense occurs in public, so too should the apology. But that's just me.

If Cmom is satisfied with the way things stand, I am as well.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:00 AM']How do you know I haven't PM'd her? Who made you God?
[right][snapback]917638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nobody claimed to be God... Boy, you sure got your leaping shoes on this week.
[quote name='Sojourner' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:46 AM']My personal policy is that if the offense occurs in public, so too should the apology. [b]But that's just me. [/b]
If Cmom is satisfied with the way things stand, I am as well.
[right][snapback]917660[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I guess it is just you....

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:46 AM']My personal policy is that if the offense occurs in [color=red][b]public[/b], [/color]so too should the [color=red][b]apology[/b].[/color] But that's just me.
[right][snapback]917660[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yep.
You publicly implied that I am not faithful to Church teaching. You implied I believe Jesus can be split in faith and history, and that miracles don't occur.
You really should know better by now.
Science is truth and God is TRUTH, and they cannot disagree except in scale. That God so ordered Creation that it took billions of years for His plan to unfold only increases my awe of the Lord of the Universe. That He so designed our DNA that we can look back to our first parents is a marvelous gift. The more we learn in science the more we understand:"Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God, King of the Universe".
To dismiss science so casually is an exercise in fundamentalism. Even though you have no qualifications in any scientific field, you totally dismiss the possibility that science can tell us anything about the universe God so marvelously created.
THAT is a dis-service to your brain and and our God.

Brother Adam

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:23 AM']Nobody claimed to be God... Boy, you sure got your leaping shoes on this week.
I guess it is just you....
[right][snapback]917694[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Please, keep provoking me.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:42 AM']Please, keep provoking me.
[right][snapback]917715[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Fine

No popcorn for you

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:42 AM']Please, keep provoking me.
[right][snapback]917715[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
We're not trying to provoke you to anger, Adam, only to help you to see how offensive your comment was and to elicit an appropriate response. So far, you have not made such a response.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:44 AM']Fine
No popcorn for you
[right][snapback]917717[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Can I have some? I like popcorn.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Mar 22 2006, 09:45 AM']Can I have some? I like popcorn.
[right][snapback]917720[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

*passes popcorn to Abby*