An Old School Catholic Message Board

A question about offering up our

Desert Walker

Desert Walker

Here is a quote about this. I'm not going to give the source of it yet because the veracity of the source, in my opinion, is questionable and might cause an unthoughtful reaction to this post among some.

[quote]"...above all, the world of today, even the Catholic world, has completely lost sight of the truth that suffering for others is necessary. The fact that you are all part of the Mystical Body of Christ, and that you must all suffer for each other, has been completely forgotten (...). Christ did not accomplish everything on the cross. He certainly opened Heaven up, but men must make reparation for each other. The sects say that Christ has done everything, but this is not true. The Passion of Christ goes on: In His Name, it will go on until the end of the world (he groans)."[/quote]

Is that accurate in any way? The source of this quote claims to have an imprimatur and nihil obstat.

Amator Veritatis

This is the understanding of Saint Paul's words: Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up those things that are wanting of the sufferings of Christ, in my flesh, for his body, which is the church. Cf., St. Paul to Colossians i.24. Saint Paul is clear that he, in some manner, specifically in his flesh, by doing penance, fills up those things wanting in the sufferings of Our Lord. In this manner, it can be said that some things were "wanting of the sufferings of Christ", though, properly speaking, Our Lord Himself offered the necessary Sacrifice to expiate the sins of the world. It is necessary, however, to suffer and to do penance for our salvation by making reparation for our own sins and uniting those sufferings to those of Our Lord. As members of the Church, we ought to offer those sufferings as well for the other members of the Mystical Body of Christ. Thus, Saint Paul also states: So we being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Cf., Saint Paul to Romans xii.5. This concept, sadly, is misunderstood or neglected by many throughout the Church today or utterly abused and misconstrued. The spiritual benefits from such offerings are immense and testified by the Saints.

I would say there's nothing wrong, persay, with the quote. I personally would have worded it differently though. Suffering for others is necessary in that love is necessary, with love being defined as giving of yourself for the sake of others. Offering your sufferings up for the salvation of other souls is very important, but it's not as if Christ's sacrifice wasn't enough on its own. Christ chooses to need us to be a part of his plan of salvation.

Desert Walker

The quote comes from the transcript of an exorcism. A demon allegedly said this through the mouth of a woman. He claimed to do so under obedience to Our Lady.

The exorcisms of the woman were apparently conducted by six abbots and four priests over a period of time in 1975. There were several demons involved.

The transcript of the exorcism was apparently put in book form by a guy named Jean Marty (a Frenchman). It was translated into English by Nancy Knowles-Smith.

I wish I could find a way to authenticate the facts of this because there are SO MANY more statements made by the demons that are simply astonishing.

just because some statements may be true doesn"t mean they all are. the book having an imprimatur simply means that there is nothing contradictory to the faith in it, it doesn't necessarily mean all the statements are true.

Desert Walker

Well, they seem to explain the current state of affairs in the world EXTREMELY well. I'm finding it all very insightful.

It's a little more than just saying "Oh well, if only everybody would just get along and love Jesus it would all be fine."

People who say that kind of thing fail to realize exactly what "getting along and loving Jesus" actually entails.

Yes, there are many people who offer themselves as victim souls, for the salvation of others. . .thus taking what you are saying one step further.

When I was talking with my SD about entering religious life, and how my parents no longer go to Mass, etc.. . he said that by my entering I will be offering myself as a sacrifice in reparations for sins. . my own AND theirs. That grace of Jesus might work, through my prayers, for their conversion.

Yea, I believe it. :love:

The only important thing that I would note is to understand that taking suffering upon oneself may merit grace for another, butin the end it is the other's choice and action the determines salvation. Suffering for another has real and efficacious effects in opening up another person to receive God's grace, but choosing to suffer with the understanding that you can save the other would be incorrect.

Edited by Paphnutius

Well no, in the end. . .I can pray as much as St Monica did, but if there is no conversion. . .

I pray that they be OPEN to His grace. . .because I am sure, even now, He is there knocking, if only they would listen. If they don't :( But I pray for their salvation, their conversion. . .

[quote]The Redeemer suffered in place of man and for man. Every man has his own share in the Redemption. Each one is also called to share in that suffering through which the Redemption was accomplished. He is called to share in that suffering through which all human suffering has also been redeemed. In bringing about the Redemption through suffering, Christ has also raised human suffering to the level of the Redemption. Thus each man, in his suffering, can also become a sharer in the redemptive suffering of Christ.

--Pope John Paul II, Apostolic Letter "Salvifici Doloris", #19

[url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_11021984_salvifici-doloris_en.html"]http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_pau...doloris_en.html[/url][/quote]

If you're interested in Sacred Heart/Penitential type spirituality, check out the diary of Sister Josefa Menendez. She actually spent nights in hell. I don't believe she's been beatified yet, but Pope Pius XII did praise her.

[quote name='Era Might' date='Mar 15 2006, 12:19 PM']If you're interested in Sacred Heart/Penitential type spirituality, check out the diary of Sister Josefa Menendez. She actually spent nights in hell. I don't believe she's been beatified yet, but Pope Pius XII did praise her.
[right][snapback]912596[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:love:

I searched the quote you provided and came up with the book. I just started reading bits of it... but the first section is particularly bizare.

[quote]According to the divine revelations made to Veronica Leuken, Seer of Bayside' N.Y. during the last decade, there has been a hidden Modernist revolution in the Vatican. The papacy of Pope Paul VI was overthrown by apostate and traitorous ecclesiastics. The leaders of this revolution were named at Bayside as Cardinal Jean Villot (now deceased) former Vatican Secretary of State; Cardinal Giovanni Benelli and Cardinal Agostino Casaroli. The latter is the Secretary of State under the present Pope John Paul 11. Benelli, if elected, "Would have been the 'Anti-Christ' Pope. These men and numerous other ecclesiastical traitors made Pope Paul V1 a prisoner. In his place they installed an Imposter Pope, a priest who was a fine actor. By means of skilful plastic surgery he was made to appear very like the true Pope and taught to imitate his voice and mannerisms.

Pope Paul VI was given poisonous injections, which weakened and paralyzed him. They censored and changed his documents and letters, and thus perverted and falsified the teaching of the whole Church.

For a concise and masterly summary of these points, purchase the booklets "Mass" Deception. The Catholic Bishops' plot to Destroy The Mass' and 'Thou Art Peter'... A Pope in Chains... Under A Forged Papal Decree... A Bishops Mass" both by Louis A. Post (deceased) and available for 60 cents each from Americans for Public Morality, Box 145, Norwood, Mass. 02062.

For an in-depth analysis of these matters consult the following books of Michael Davies: "Cramner's Godly Order"; "Pope John's Council"; "Pope Paul's New Mass"; "Apologia Pro Marcel Lefebvre", "The Order of Melchisedech" - a defense of the Catholic Priesthood; "Apologia Pro Marcel Lefebvre" and "Pope Paul's New Mass" are available from The Children of Mary; PO Box 350333; Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33335-0333 USA. Phone/fax 1-954-583-5108.

It was revealed to Veronica Leuken and is confirmed in the following revelations of the demons, that these ecclesiastical traitors have Masonic and Communist connections. The Christian religions have been infiltrated by Masons and Communists with the sole aim of destroying Christ's Church from within. Many have now reached positions of eminence and power, and have been able to bring the church to its present tragic state.

The following work confirms many of the Bayside revelations. The book essentially exposes the remarks and gestures made by a possessed woman in Switzerland during 1975-1978. Speaking through the possessed woman, the demons were forced to tell the truth by Our Lady under the Solemn Church Exorcism, which was witnessed by the following priests who have all expressed their conviction of the authenticity of the revelations made by the demons upon the order of the Blessed Virgin.[/quote]

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 15 2006, 06:37 PM']:shock:  How does that relate to the quote?  I'm confused.  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]912877[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The quote desert walker was talking about (offering up our suffering) was from a book about an exorcism in the late 70's. I found the book online and started reading parts of it. What I posted was the first part of the book.

I went on a read different parts of what else the demons had to say... interestingly they also claim that the novous ordo mass was completely invalid, the TLM is the only proper one, the Church is highly infected, more and more of the same ultra trad rhetoric we've seen.

I'm not sure how much credibility I'd put in it. Though I will give it this, after the way the demons describe hell and such I want to run to confession right now!