An Old School Catholic Message Board

Macs vs PC vs Linux

scardella

Ash Wednesday

Whatever, man.

Use the computer you're most comfortable with -- considering usability and your field of work.

I'm an artist and grew up around macs, and for a long time Mac was the graphics industry standard. For some time they have been playing around with more cross-platform scenarios in the world of art and graphic design, at least in the areas I worked in, but in the end, creative people often gravitate towards Macs, perhaps because Macintosh markets for them specifically.

I admit I fall for the gimmicks every year, because I love my mac.

But I don't look down on a computer programmer, for example my boyfriend, that prefers Linux. Or my best friend who just prefers simple surfing and writing on Microsoft word, and prefers to use a PC.

To me it's comparing an apple (if you'll excuse the expression) to an orange, to a pear.

:nerd:

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Mar 9 2006, 11:40 PM']WinXP64 is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It can have upto a 128 GB of RAM.... for one processor.... If you want to play with a SAN... let's talk a Terabit of RAM. <- Insane Terminator Computer Power.
[right][snapback]907884[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Scardella said everything I would, so I don't have to... but I do want to add one point.

WinXP isn't even remotely as scalable as Linux. [b]Google[/b] runs on Linux. Linux runs on every big mainframe that IBM makes. I could go on...