An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion as a human right?

cmotherofpirl

I sometimes wonder about the age we live in where criminals have human rights, yet the unborn do not.

God help us, we're in a Godless world.

Edited by Peccator

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Mar 10 2006, 12:26 AM']Rape is a horrible crime. A cousin of mine was raped. Once it's over, they can heal with Christ. I've seen it happen. If something is out of our control, then we have no reason to wish ourselves dead, this is a sin against hope.

Those people who do not have God, I could believe that they might wish themselves dead.

During hard times that our out of our control, we have two choices... turn to God and be healed, or rely on ourselves and do greater damage....
[right][snapback]907878[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wow, what a beautiful story about the healing power of Christ. I'm sure she went through many trials and suffering during her pregnancy, but this story shows our suffering can be redemptive. The easy way (abortion) would have only left her with guilt over the abortion and shame over her rape. The hard way was full of life and allowed her to truly heal from her experience. The fact that the easy way out is more often encouraged has led to the general wussification of America.

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Mar 10 2006, 12:42 PM']Wow, what a beautiful story about the healing power of Christ. I'm sure she went through many trials and suffering during her pregnancy, but this story shows our suffering can be redemptive. The easy way (abortion) would have only left her with guilt over the abortion and shame over her rape. The hard way was full of life and allowed her to truly heal from her experience. The fact that the easy way out is more often encouraged has led to the general wussification of America.
[right][snapback]908094[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I totally agree.... Satan has done a good job at sowing despair and self reliance instead of hope and relying on God.

When I saw this topic I thought that it was titled 'Adoration as a human right'.

Sadly I was mistaken.

I guess I spend too much time in the Vocation Station.

Guest Defensor

[quote name='ruso' date='Mar 10 2006, 06:03 AM']It seems that who do not have right are the unborn childs.
[right][snapback]907910[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"O tempora! O mores!"

well, abortion to most people isn't murder. So you can't really argue that to anyone, it won't mean anything to them. These babies, have souls, they breathe, they feel, they have a right to life the same right you have. Aren't you glad your mother preseved you? Well that would be the joy of your baby if you keep him too. Not to mention it should NEVER EVER be our right to take away what God has created, what God loves, what God cherishes, and that's the human soul and life He creates. We don't even give it a choice, we take away it's voice and speech. By killing it, and yes, killing a human willfully = murder. It is so hard to prove that a baby has a soul from conception but it may be done, I think. Some people are just so hard to crack, they wont' give in. That's when you pray for them that they'll have the grace of sense to think about what they're doing. Now that you have this human being as a responsibility killing it is not an answer around it. You shouldn't have done something you weren't ready for. This might be off topic