An Old School Catholic Message Board

Home from Buffalo

passionheart

DonnaMarie, thank you so much for sharing about your Aspirancy! I cannot wait until I can go make my Aspirancy with the nuns in Marbury this July, and hearing your experience makes me anticipate it even more. What you said about getting up early struck me too--I am planning to get up at 6:00 every day here, so that when I go down there to CST their 5:00 shouldn't be that bad, but I think it will be exhausting anyway. Also, I have to be "praying and asking God for his desire for me" all the time because I am so changeable and see so many good works for God that even if I didn't enter the cloister I could never do them all! But they pull my heart in different directions and I have to be constantly quieting it and giving it back to Him.

Two questions for you. First, did you have to apply before making the aspirancy, or are most of the papers filled out afterwards? I had to do the paperwork before the aspirancy. I'm just curious how different monasteries do it. Second, do the nuns in Buffalo have other extern sisters that you would join, or would you be the first one? Would you live with them in the cloister and just be able to do work outside as well, or would you live in separate quarters? Do you take different vows as an extern? (Lots of questions, I hope it's not a bother.)

God bless and Our Lady keep you and your vocation! Especially to the glorious order of St. Dominic!

+Ida