An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Louisans Discerning

magnificat

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 6 2006, 04:46 PM']This is a crazy small world. We had actually talked about you there, since Jessie (also applying to those Poor Clares) is in our group!
[right][snapback]904396[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I didn't know that's where Jessie's applying!!

TheOliverOrder88

I am liking the Saturday.

Can we confirm? And I am guessing this means we meet at the Cathedral. And what about bringing something to identify yourself?

Ya know, if nothing else, there's always Holy Hour Adoration & Benediction at the Cathedral at 3:30 pm every Sunday! :)

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Mar 6 2006, 04:06 PM']I am liking the Saturday.

Can we confirm? And I am guessing this means we meet at the Cathedral. And what about bringing something to identify yourself?
[right][snapback]904424[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The saturday that was referenced before was two days ago. There is no set time for the next meeting, and actually, it's quite out of my hands to determine when the next one will be...

However, we could have a phatmass get together seperate from Jessie's, esp. since I know there's several schools on spring break beginning this weekend. And Adoration at the Basilica's open to anyone...anyone up for Adoration and maybe grabbing coffee or something afterwards this Saturday?

I would be game for that. I will have to make sure it fits into my schedule, but I'm pretty sure I will be in town and don't have anything planned.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 6 2006, 03:46 PM']This is a crazy small world. We had actually talked about you there, since Jessie (also applying to those Poor Clares) is in our group!
[right][snapback]904396[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
We did! Mother Mary Leo was saying how everybody expressing interest or applying has names starting with J. She mentioned a Janet coming to visit soon.

[quote name='magnificat' date='Mar 6 2006, 05:25 PM']However, we could have a phatmass get together seperate from Jessie's, esp. since I know there's several schools on spring break beginning this weekend.  And Adoration at the Basilica's open to anyone...anyone up for Adoration and maybe grabbing coffee or something afterwards this Saturday?
[right][snapback]904444[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'll still be in Alton.... ;) I know these next few weekends are busy w/ retreats and all..... ^_^ but I'm sure Providence will have a time revealed to us!

TeresaAvila

This is a small world, Yes that's me :D: and Mother had mentioned to me about another lady discerning and beginning the application process, That's awesome and i"m so happy for Jessie and the sisters and am keeping all in my prayers!!

God Bless You all!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 6 2006, 05:41 PM']We did! Mother Mary Leo was saying how everybody expressing interest or applying has names starting with J. She mentioned a Janet coming to visit soon.
[right][snapback]904462[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

TheOliverOrder88

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 6 2006, 05:13 PM']The saturday that was referenced before was two days ago. There is no set time for the next meeting, and actually, it's quite out of my hands to determine when the next one will be...
[right][snapback]904429[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was referring to this Saturday. At what time does this Adoration start?

[quote name='shortnun' date='Mar 6 2006, 04:43 PM']I'll still be in Alton....  ;) I know these next few weekends are busy w/ retreats and all..... ^_^  but I'm sure Providence will have a time revealed to us!
[right][snapback]904467[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Are you going to the Veni Si Amas retreat?

Because if so, you must give a message my favorite postulant ever (Alyssa)! I didn't get any of the letters I wrote to her mailed before Lent, so she probably thinks I am being an awful friend when I could never get off work to buy stamps! You can tell her I (JVD) broke my foot at the March for Life, and that I will tell her the rest in a letter she will get (along with a Valentine and probably some other letters) at Easter. But most importantly, that I send lots of love and prayers!

Sorry for the thread hijacking!

BurkeFan, when do you have your meeting with the Dominicans?

March 15th... Fr. Keller, Gregg (who was absent on Saturday) and I will be driving out to Cincinatti on the 14th.

Magnificat - It may be good to get a phatmass group going seperately that can be more of a straight up vocations group, rather than a group of friends discerning vocations.

OliveOrder88 - Most people in my group will be out of town due to spring break, so, we're probably out for this Saturday.

Okay so how bout this...any phatmassers & friends who'd like to do Adoration and coffee or something this Sat, PM me. I'm getting too confused by all the conversations going on! Haha :wacko:

Adoration is at 3:30 pm with Evening Prayer & Benediction starting at 4:30 pm...

PS--BurkeFan, hope you, Greg, & Fr. Keller have a safe trip up to Cincinnati!
PPS--jgirl, you know Alyssa? How cool! She's a sweetheart!

Edited by magnificat

She's like my best friend from college! [url="http://www.iheartnormal.com/jvd/2005/09/mercredi-le-7-septembre-2005-this-is.html"]Here's[/url] my blog entry from the day she moved in. The graphics don't work because I don't really keep up an archive.

Edited by jgirl