An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Louisans Discerning

magnificat

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 3 2006, 08:53 PM']We're meeting at the Cathedral at 6pm.
[right][snapback]902648[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ooooh that timing would work for me. I also need to spend at least a few hours researching in the library, too though (for Dominic Holtz!). If I don't see you tonight, it'll be in the near future. :)

I hope that no one tried to come and was unable to find us... I wasn't very specific on where around the Cathedral we would be. My fault! I'll keep you updated as to the next event.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 5 2006, 02:08 AM']I hope that no one tried to come and was unable to find us... I wasn't very specific on where around the Cathedral we would be. My fault! I'll keep you updated as to the next event.
[right][snapback]903280[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Please do keep everyone updated for the next event! I was unable to go, and I'm glad everyone had a good time.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 5 2006, 02:08 AM'] I'll keep you updated as to the next event.
[right][snapback]903280[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes please :)

TheOliverOrder88

[quote name='magnificat' date='Mar 5 2006, 10:31 AM']Yes please :)
[right][snapback]903374[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Word.

Actually, any particular day of the week that would suite everyone?

Generally, it is on weekends. There have been cases where it's been otherwise, but generally, it is on Friday or Saturday. There has not been, and probably will not be, a set schedule for this.

TeresaAvila

Oh how I'd wished I'd have seen this post earlier, I'd have definately gone!! I'm discerning with the poor clares, isn't Mother Mary Leo just awesome!! How was the visit?

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Mar 3 2006, 02:31 PM']There's a Holy Hour with the St. Louis Poor Clares this Saturday, followed by a meeting with Mother Mary Leo in the parlor after the Holy Hour. Y'all interested?
[right][snapback]902471[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

TeresaAvila

Well I'm a flight attendant, so my schedule is not always predictable, but I'd love to join all of you sometime and if it is ok I could PM you my email addy and you could just email me about upcoming meetings/events and if I'm in town and also don't have other church obligations, I'd love to come.

God Bless You!

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' date='Mar 5 2006, 05:50 PM']Word.

Actually, any particular day of the week that would suite everyone?
[right][snapback]903632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='TeresaAvila' date='Mar 6 2006, 12:53 PM']Oh how I'd wished I'd have seen this post earlier, I'd have definately gone!!  I'm discerning with the poor clares, isn't Mother Mary Leo just awesome!! How was the visit?
[right][snapback]904202[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I loved it. I've never met a cloistered nun before (I have a friend who's a cloistered postulant, but have never met anybody living the life). Mother Mary Leo was very sweet. She reminded me of a grandma--the sweet, caring type. It was kind of different speaking through the grille at first, but not a bad different. Praying Night Prayer was also different because we could hear the nuns, but couldn't see them.

Edited by jgirl

TeresaAvila

I am glad to hear you had a wonderful time, They are such a beautiful community and yes mother Mary leo is very sweet! It is neat to pray with them in the public chapel and what I love is when I stay with them (well in the guest room as they do not have live-ins due to their vow of enclosure) to pray matins, they get up at 12:30am to pray and it's so peaceful in the chapel with just a little light and the candle lights and while the world sleeps the nuns are praying for them! I'll be visiting them again soon, and will ask them to pray for you and Please be assurred of my prayers for you also!!

God Bless You!

This is a crazy small world. We had actually talked about you there, since Jessie (also applying to those Poor Clares) is in our group!