An Old School Catholic Message Board

Plan would bar GOP adoption

Sojourner

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 3 2006, 06:29 PM']Barring someone from adopting a child, (and in so doing helping end abortion) just because they happen to be tempted, which isn't a sin, is a sin.
[right][snapback]902607[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is nonsense.

Show me [b]one single quote [/b]from a reliable Church source saying that barring homosexual "couples" from adopting children is a sin!

Plenty of people are barred from adopting children.

Should a convicted violent felon be allowed to adopt children?
A convicted pedophile?
A Satanic cult?
A thirteen-year-old boy?

It would seem, according to your logic, that barring any of these people from adopting children would be a sin!

The idea that absolutely everybody has an absolute right to adopt children is absurd.

And you have still given no proof that allowing homosexuals to adopt would help end abortion. Would most pregnant women be less likely to abort if they knew homosexuals, rather than "straight" married couples, could adopt their kid??

And nobody's talking about people who just "happen to be tempted" -we're talking about homosexual couples.

It looks to me like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing - but if you're genuinely confused by this, ask a good, solid, priest about this.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 3 2006, 06:32 PM']This rarely happens.
[right][snapback]902609[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
And what is your point? Are you saying this shouldn't happen?
I fail to see how this makes a case for "gay adoption."

catholicinsd

[quote name='Socrates' date='Mar 3 2006, 07:57 PM']And what is your point?  Are you saying this shouldn't happen?
I fail to see how this makes a case for "gay adoption."
[right][snapback]902619[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I fail to see how you're a Church Faithful.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 3 2006, 07:05 PM']I fail to see how you're a Church Faithful.
[right][snapback]902625[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ummm . . . well . . . he has good stuff to say in general. Yes, he's a little bit hot under the collar sometimes, but he's usually right on the money, and if he's not, he'll admit it.

Now, you ignored a post from someone else that completely flattens your argument: There are waiting lists for adoptive parents. Why do we need to add gays to an already huge waiting list?

My parents were turned down for adopting because my siblings are all extremely intelligent, and a child who is adopted might not achieve my parents expectations. These are the types of restrictions that already exist on adoption, in light of that, restrictions on gays and singles adopting is *very* reasonable.

Pax Christi,
Joe

catholicinsd

[quote name='MagiDragon' date='Mar 4 2006, 10:36 AM']Ummm . . . well . . . he has good stuff to say in general.  Yes, he's a little bit hot under the collar sometimes, but he's usually right on the money, and if he's not, he'll admit it.

Now, you ignored a post from someone else that completely flattens your argument:  There are waiting lists for adoptive parents.  Why do we need to add gays to an already huge waiting list?

My parents were turned down for adopting because my siblings are all extremely intelligent, and a child who is adopted might not achieve my parents expectations.  These are the types of restrictions that already exist on adoption, in light of that, restrictions on gays and singles adopting is *very* reasonable.

Pax Christi,
Joe
[right][snapback]902798[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

A person can see the bigger mountain than the big one.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:24 PM']A person can see the bigger mountain than the big one.
[right][snapback]903187[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
?

catholicinsd

[quote name='MagiDragon' date='Mar 5 2006, 08:08 PM']?
[right][snapback]903740[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

A person can see the bigger mountain better than the big one.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 6 2006, 11:33 AM']A person can see the bigger mountain better than the big one.
[right][snapback]904152[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
???

catholicinsd

[quote name='Socrates' date='Mar 6 2006, 06:53 PM']???
[right][snapback]904628[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Then greater the need, the more product.

Need is adoption & product is babies.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Mar 6 2006, 06:58 PM']Then greater the need, the more product.

Need is adoption & product is babies.
[right][snapback]904728[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, first of all, I find thinking of human children as "product" rather degrading - as if babies are manufactured items churned off the assembly line for the purpose of meeting consumer demand!

Secondly, this seems to imply that women will be willing to have babies for the sole purpose of providing homosexuals with human "products" to adopt. (Why would they do this, for money??)
Degrading (to all involved). . . and sick!

Thirdly, as several people have pointed out, there are more than enough married couples willing to adopt, so your whole argument that "gay" adoption is necessary to prevent abortion is bogus.
The "demand" is already there. Women are not going to suddenly start keeping their babies more based on a demand by homosexuals to adopt children!

If you want to look at the really big mountain, abortion, homosexuality, and the separation of sex and child-bearing from family are all parts of the same Culture of Death which Catholics should oppose.
Supporting the "homosexual lifestyle" does not promote the sanctity of sex and the Culture of Life.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Socrates' date='Mar 6 2006, 08:26 PM']Well, first of all, I find thinking of human children as "product" rather degrading - as if babies are manufactured items churned of the assembly line for the purpose of meeting consumer demand!

Secondly, this seems to imply that women will be willing to have babies for the sole purpose of providing homosexuals with human "products" to adopt.  (Why would they do this, for money??)
Degrading (to all involved). . . and sick!

Thirdly, as several people have pointed out, there are more than enough married couples willing to adopt, so your whole argument that "gay" adoption is necessary to prevent abortion is bogus.
The "demand" is already there.  Women are not going to suddenly start keeping their babies more based on a demand by homosexuals to adopt children!

If you want to look at the really big mountain, abortion, homosexuality, and the separation of sex and child-bearing from family are all parts of the same Culture of Death which Catholics should oppose.
Supporting the "homosexual lifestyle" does not promote the sanctity of sex and the Culture of Life.
[right][snapback]904765[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Phelps