An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Grandmother

the_rev

Today my grandmother and I were talking about my mother's fiance and intended wedding and how there having my grandmothers mother's wedding ring re-sized for my mother. Then my grandmother said, "I was reading about a Catholic priest who put his grandmother's wedding ring in his chalice, and want you to do the same, upon my death take the ring; that way I'm remembered always at your mass."

Isn't that awesome?

Yours in Christ,

Eddy Lee

[quote name='the_rev' date='Feb 25 2006, 09:12 AM']Today my grandmother and I were talking about my mother's fiance and intended wedding and how there having my grandmothers mother's wedding ring re-sized for my mother.  Then my grandmother said, "I was reading about a Catholic priest who put his grandmother's wedding ring in his chalice, and want you to do the same, upon my death take the ring; that way I'm remembered always at your mass."

Isn't that awesome?

Yours in Christ,

Eddy Lee
[right][snapback]897421[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't get it. How is the ring put 'in the chalice'?

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 25 2006, 12:06 PM']Melted down?
[right][snapback]897473[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yup....the priest at my newman center has a chalice that has a pendant (i think) of his mother's or grandmother's, i don't remember.....but it was melted down

Lol, yeah melted down sounds cool! When i first read that I was like "errmm...yea, just make sure no one chokes on the ring during communion."

[quote name='Charms717RM1' date='Feb 25 2006, 03:27 PM']Lol, yeah melted down sounds cool!  When i first read that I was like "errmm...yea, just make sure no one chokes on the ring during communion."
[right][snapback]897654[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: thats exactly what I was thinking!!!! haha, but that's a great idea, that's so good :)

How are you going to do that if your mother is wearing it (isnt she wearing it for her wedding?)

NM I misread.

Edited by PCPA2Be