An Old School Catholic Message Board

DSMME Retreat

TheresaMF

Ave + Maria

Over 200 girls will be at the vocations retreat with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist this weekend in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I'm taking six girls up with me. Keep us all in your prayers--for discernment, and for the weather, because we'll probably be driving in the snow.

Thanks! God bless!

You all indeed are in my prayers and the prayers of many others here in St. Louis. Two of my very dear friends are on that retreat, so I especially hope it goes well.

AlterDominicus

HOLY COW! Good grief!

A) I was at the House of Formation in La Crosse, WI

B) How could I have not have prayed, I have a friend named Tracey who went to Ann Arbor for the retreat, actually come to think of it, they all left an hour ago. Hehe

Its like 3:30 here, 4:30 in Ann Arbor.

Ave + Maria

Thanks for your prayers! There were over 200 girls signed up, but I don't know how many showed up. Close to that certainly. It was packed. Sr. Joseph Andrew maybe spend 5 minutes outside her little conference room--at least it felt like it--and five or six girls were always huddled outside the door awaiting their turn. The novices are having their contemplative year, apparently, so they didn't show up, but I got to hear Sr. Carly's give her vocation story and say hi to her and some other Christendom girls who drove up for the retreat.

No snow--perfect travelling weather, if a little chilly!

Thanks again!

-TMF

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 26 2006, 08:40 PM']I look forward to a report!  Kristina is going to the June retreat.
[right][snapback]898442[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Correction. May, not June.

[quote name='TheresaMF' date='Feb 26 2006, 08:37 PM']Ave + Maria

Thanks for your prayers!  There were over 200 girls signed up, but I don't know how many showed up.  Close to that certainly.  It was packed.  Sr. Joseph Andrew maybe spend 5 minutes outside her little conference room--at least it felt like it--and five or six girls were always huddled outside the door awaiting their turn.  The novices are having their contemplative year, apparently, so they didn't show up, but I got to hear Sr. Carly's give her vocation story and say hi to her and some other Christendom girls who drove up for the retreat.

No snow--perfect travelling weather, if a little chilly!

Thanks again!

-TMF
[right][snapback]898436[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's awesome! I'm glad you had good weather! Any interesting stories to share? :)

Sister sent me this link: [url="http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006602270409"]http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006602270409[/url]