An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teaching orders

Daughter_Fatima

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' date='Feb 27 2006, 10:26 AM']THE NASHVILLE DOMINICANS ARE AWESOME!!!

:love:
[right][snapback]898801[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They have TONS of new vocations and are a pontificate order!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 27 2006, 05:21 PM']They have TONS of new vocations and are a [b]pontificate order[/b]!
[right][snapback]899305[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't mean to get off topic.... but does this mean their constitutions are approved by the Holy See (as opposed to by a bishop of a diocese or something)? :idontknow:

srmarymichael

There are many teaching Orders. Did you look at the cmswr.org website and search for teaching Orders?

My favorites (mainly because I've met them and gotten to know some of them):

-School Sisters of Christ the King, Nebraska
-Religious Sisters of Mercy, Alma, MI (teaching is not main apostolate, but they do have some teachers)
-Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration
-Martyrs of St. George, Alton, IL
-School Sisters of St. Francis, Panhandle, TX (my Community)
-Nashville Dominicans, TN
-Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI

If I think of more, I'll let ya know.... There's so many out there that I haven't met yet. Everyone has a different "feel" about them. Begin visiting with them and see which one fits your personality. . .

Edited by srmarymichael

Laurentina1975

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Feb 27 2006, 07:42 PM']There are many teaching Orders.  Did you look at the cmswr.org website and search for teaching Orders? 

-Religious Sisters of Mercy, Alma, MI (teaching is not main apostolate, but they do have some teachers)

If I think of more, I'll let ya know....  There's so many out there that I haven't met yet.  Everyone has a different "feel" about them.  Begin visiting with them and see which one fits your personality. . .
[right][snapback]899417[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I like number 5.

Sister!!!! Which Sisters do you know from School Sisters of Christ the King?????????? That's the order I'm joining in the Fall (God willing). Just curious which ones you know!!!

Ali

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Feb 27 2006, 07:42 PM']There are many teaching Orders.  Did you look at the cmswr.org website and search for teaching Orders? 

If I think of more, I'll let ya know....  There's so many out there that I haven't met yet.  Everyone has a different "feel" about them.  Begin visiting with them and see which one fits your personality. . .
[right][snapback]899417[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

srmarymichael

[quote name='SisterAli' date='Feb 28 2006, 12:29 AM']Sister!!!!  Which Sisters do you know from School Sisters of Christ the King??????????  That's the order I'm joining in the Fall (God willing).  Just curious which ones you know!!!
Ali
[right][snapback]899722[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sr. Maura Therese, Sr. Edith Marie, and Sr. Mary Faustina -- We went to Cologne, Germany together for World Youth Day last year! 70 Sisters from all over the United States! It was an awesome experience.

I know ALLLLL 3 of THEM!!!!!!!! I LOVE Sr. Maura Therese haha her sense of humor is great. I am joining there order...if I haven't told you that already....but I worked with Sr. Maura Therese and Sr. Mary Faustina in the schools over Christmas break, what joy that was!!!!!

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM']Sr. Maura Therese, Sr. Edith Marie, and Sr. Mary Faustina -- We went to Cologne, Germany together for World Youth Day last year!  70 Sisters from all over the United States!  It was an awesome experience.
[right][snapback]900686[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Laurentina1975

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM']-- We went to Cologne, Germany together for World Youth Day last year!  70 Sisters from all over the United States!  It was an awesome experience.
[right][snapback]900686[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm sorta jealous. :P: