An Old School Catholic Message Board

segregationists

dairygirl4u2c

How do you characterize those who are segregationist?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

goldenchild17

I could think of many things i would think of such ppl as. However you did not include such options on the poll and some of the terms probably wouldn't be appropriate to use on the phorum :D:. But from the poll I definitely think it's closest to a liberal position.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='894083' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:56 PM']
I agree their racist. However... it was democrats that went to war (the civil war) to keep slaves inslaved. Later it was democrats that made segregation laws, and it was elected democrats that fought against the civil rights act. Oh and it is mostly democrats now that support the murder of black little babies as well as white... guess they got over the whole segregation thing after all...
[/quote]

Whoa there.....buddy, for the longest time, the democrats of those times were the same as republicans today, as well as the reverse (republicans like democrats). That didn't change up until the 1960's or so, and I can easliy assert that a vast majority of Catholic Americans were democrat until then. At that time, the parties views began shifting, and the parties aligned to the values they recognize today. Also, the civil war didn't start over slavery (although it was a large reason). It started over the states right to secede. My personal belief is that someone who is for segregation is very misguided and ignorant.