An Old School Catholic Message Board

segregationists

dairygirl4u2c

How do you characterize those who are segregationist?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Desert Walker

In the context of Catholic Orthodoxy such people are validly considered liberal, because they attempt to assert a culturally accepted norm as a kind of "orthodox" truth about the nature of human beings and their societal structures. Since the concept of the segregation of races is not part of orthodox Catholic belief I consider it a false concept. I believe that a person is acting liberally who asserts something as truth that is not a part of Catholic orthodoxy.

Whoever thinks it is a "conservative" thing does not know what "conservative" means.

I don't think racists fall under liberal or conservative... if it had to be one of them, it would fall closer to liberal... because all of the racists in the USA today like the KKK are left wing. To be right wing, one must obey the law... when they break the law, then they drift further away from the right wing.

If it was a law to seperate people based on race, then it would be a conservative stance... but since it is not the law, it cannot be considered a conservative stance.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Too bad you didnt give an choice titled, "idiots" in there. That I would have picked.

I thought this thread was stating that we should segragate people of color, got me all fired up for nothing. I was ready to kick a bit of tushy, charitably of course.

none of the above (insert below). Here is my insertion "racist." The majority of those labeled above can each have their racist members, but people who believe in racial segragation are just crazy.

idk, i dont think u can label ppl like that. It depends on the person's other political views.

FYI: neone who believes in racial segregation needs to move to Manhattan and learn how to live w/ppl of different skin colors.

Ignorant is right. Heterodox is another. "There is no gentile or Jew in Christ." Bing bam, right there.
I'm lazy right now but if someone wants to see it I can search around for the American Bishops essay/letter/whatever on the evils of racism.

KnightofChrist

I agree their racist. However... it was democrats that went to war (the civil war) to keep slaves inslaved. Later it was democrats that made segregation laws, and it was elected democrats that fought against the civil rights act. Oh and it is mostly democrats now that support the murder of black little babies as well as white... guess they got over the whole segregation thing after all...

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 22 2006, 08:02 AM']The filters prevent my answer, so racists will have to do. :)
[right][snapback]894594[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

Same here. Although ideologically it doesn't seem to fit with "liberal" I tend to see it that way I guess, from a historical point of view.

Ash Wednesday

I voted "refuse to speculate" because segregationalists in this day and age are way off the radar and in a category all their own.