An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lockport Dominicans - Sr. Marjorie Update!

OP_MOM

photosynthesis

God bless her! thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. she really does look happy.

wasn't she having some kind of back problem awhile ago?

What was Sr. Marjorie's PM name? From time to time old posts pop up and I often wonder what happened to some of the people that aren't around anymore.

Besides, knowing how successfull her discernment seems to have been, it will be particularily interesting to see how she approached her discernment. Kind of a 'lessons learned' exercise.

franciscanheart

Chorusgirl was her pm name... here's her profile: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=2326"]LINK[/url]

Incarnate Word Postulant

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Feb 21 2006, 06:08 PM']Now do you see why you should wear a habit?!  :P:flowers:
[right][snapback]894096[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well....the habit does´n´t mke the nun. Her grin comes from her heart being so in love with God...

I´m still praying about the habit.

cmotherofpirl

One thing about the habit is that it paradoxically, makes every nun or sister stand out. Because they all look the same, you can more clearly see their shining spirits. The superficial is gone, and the heart shines thru.

Wow! The support here is absolutely wonderful! I wish that I'd known more about this forum a long time ago.

To answer a few questions from the thread:

[b][i]Someone asked about when Sr. Marjorie would be clothed: [/i][/b]

The timing for that event is determined by the Community on an individual basis. For now I don't have a specific date.

[b][i]Concerning Sr. Marjorie's transition to the monastery:[/i][/b]

As a mother who feared the eventuality of not being needed, deep down inside me I hoped that Sr. Marjorie would write about being homesick, bored or ill - anything that would give me the excuse to run down there and drag her back home.

Her letters have always been upbeat and quickly proved to me that the only adjustment necessary would be my own. Over the nine months that she has been in Lockport, I have gradually come to terms with Sr. Marjorie's "fiat".

When we made our family visit last week, any remaining doubts vanished as soon as I set eyes on her. In spite of any rumors to the contrary, she is the picture of health and more peaceful than I've ever seen her.

For anyone interested in writing to Sr. Marjorie here is the address:
[b] Sister Marjorie c/o Mistress of Novices
Dominican Monastery of the Heart of Jesus
155 Church Street
Lockport, Louisiana 70374-2552[/b]

Laurentina1975

Thanks OP Mom! I pray for Marjorie every night before bed! She is an inspiration to every young person seeking holiness. She is like a little Saint in the making.

Some of the pictures that you put up in the last few threads didn't all show up. Are there any of her with her family? We'd love to see you and her dad!

God bless!!!
Lauren

Edited by Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

Hi again OP Mom, I was wondering if you had anymore pictures to share of your visit? Like a family photo? That would be soooo great! Some of the photos didn't come up in the thread.... :(

I am so glad that you are so supportive of your daughters vocation to the church and Jesus, she is such a wonderful example to everyone here!

Thank you, Thank you!
Lauren

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for your prayers for Sr. Marjorie. It's so nice to read all the good wishes, knowing that you all support her. I will be sure to let her know that you have asked about her.

While we visited Lockport, I took a million pictures, only to find when I returned home that I had one of the settings wrong on my camera when I took the pictures and only a handful of them turned out.

Everything I posted eventually came up - I just wasn't doing it right at the beginning.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='OP_MOM' date='Feb 23 2006, 10:51 AM']Hello Lauren,

Thanks for your prayers for Sr. Marjorie. It's so nice to read all the good wishes, knowing that you all support her. I will be sure to let her know that you have asked about her.

While we visited Lockport, I took a million pictures, only to find when I returned home that I had one of the settings wrong on my camera when I took the pictures and only a handful of them turned out.

Everything I posted eventually came up - I just wasn't doing it right at the beginning.
[right][snapback]895537[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ohhhh that's too bad OP MOM. Well, Maybe on your next visit. When is Marjorie allowed visitation? Is it just once a year or more?

Is she allowed to come home for some vacation? I know some apostolic orders allow you time to come home and visit family.

God Bless you!

Edited by Laurentina1975

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 22 2006, 03:14 PM']One thing about the habit is that it paradoxically, makes every nun or sister stand out.  Because they all look the same, you can more clearly see their shining spirits. The superficial is gone, and the heart shines thru.
[right][snapback]894889[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmm...interesting! Never heard it put that way before