An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lockport Dominicans - Sr. Marjorie Update!

OP_MOM

Hi OP Mom! First of all thank you for being here, I think a lot of us are thankful for a positive parental view, even if it's not our own parents. Also thanks for the pictures! If you have any more, please post them! It's funny the timing of all this because I was just wondering about Sr. Marjorie and how she was doing. I can't believe it's gonna be a year since she entered in May :D: Was it hard for her to adjust from secular to religous life? What does she like most about Lockport?

Laurentina1975

Hi Marjorie's Mommy!

WOW, those pictures of the monastery are so beautiful and Marjorie looks delightful! I am so glad that you joined phatmass, welcome!
Lauren :D:

[quote name='she_who_is_not' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:52 PM']OP mom,
When will Sr. Marjorie be clothed?
[right][snapback]893727[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I heard a rumor that it will take place on the solemnity of the Sacred Heart...

Wow, she looks sooo cute! Okie I am going to stop gushing but she looks so beautiful and happy there! Thanks again for posting pictures of Sr. Marjorie

In JMJ

Hey OP_Mom. Welcome to the phorum. I lived in the novitiate with your daughter for three months last year while I was making an aspirancy and I hope to return as soon as possible. She looks lovely in the pictures. God Bless and Mary Keep
Karin

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Feb 21 2006, 07:46 PM']How many nuns does Lockport have now?
[right][snapback]894068[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

3... Karin and Jessica were aspirants last year but left, Karin because she had to return to school, and Jessica due to homesickness. I think two will be entering this year.

Edited by brendan1104

Incarnate Word Postulant

Thank you Marjorie's mom! She looks so at peace. May God bless you for your great sacrifice. I lift up my prayers everyday specially for her and for Sr. Lauren.

Helga

P.S. I'm a postulant too with the Sisters of the Incarnate Word

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' date='Feb 21 2006, 03:53 PM']Thank you Marjorie's mom! She looks so at peace. May God bless you for your great sacrifice. I lift up my prayers everyday specially for her and for Sr. Lauren.

Helga

P.S. I'm a postulant too with the Sisters of the Incarnate Word
[right][snapback]894076[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Now do you see why you should wear a habit?! :P: :flowers:

[quote name='magnificat' date='Feb 21 2006, 11:32 AM']:welcome: 
awesome pics...and another St. Louisan!  :P:
[right][snapback]893714[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Another St. Louisan [u]and [/u]a Dominican fan!!!! :woot: It's like we're taking over this phorum!!!!!!

:welcome:

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Feb 21 2006, 10:05 AM']Oh my gosh, she's so beautiful! That is totally a nun grin.

I think she must have left before I came to Phatmass but she seems wonderful!

Thank you!
[right][snapback]893738[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nun Grin. . . I like that! Can I get those at the local Walmart? Or do I have to special order them? :D:

I am SOOO ready, right now!

LOL

Welcome and YAY another St. Louisan!!! Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos, your daughter is such a blessing and this looks like such a lovely community, and I just have to say I think it is wonderful to see parents here (you and OLAMDad) supporting and sharing about their childrens vocations, there's no great gift than to give of ones child to our lord!! May god bless you all and know that I am keeping your Family, Sr. Marjorie and her community in my prayers!!

God Bless you!