An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesus and Mohammed Smooching

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Nathan' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:20 PM']By and large, you are correct. But don't forget about us good, conservative urban-dwellers fighting the good fight against the looney left! We are out there.
[right][snapback]894334[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Heck no! I'm one of us!!!!

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Feb 21 2006, 07:07 AM'] Accompanying an article on the cartoon controversy, the paper published a cartoon of its own depicting Jesus smooching with Mohammed in the "Tolerance Tunnel".[right][snapback]893642[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Alright, I'm offended. If a gay couple wants to do that, they are free to do so. This is as offensive though as a very pro-homosexuality person might find a cartoon of a gay couple being severly punished by a plague of onlookers. This isn't promoting tolerance. It's mixing up two major religions with something they are both very much morally opposed to and seeing no problem with it. Tolerance does not necessitate a change in how we see morality, only how we see each other. Tolerance must also go both ways.

:maddest: :mellow: not cool.

Perhaps defaming both Christians and Muslims together will end the violence that the Muslims have been inflicting on us. Did anybody hear about the 60 yr. old priest killed while praying in Church in Turkey by a muslim teenager?

[quote name='Nathan' date='Feb 21 2006, 10:16 PM']I totally agree. The biggest liberal lie out there is that only conservatives can be fascists. The reality is that NOBODY is more fascistic than the modern pro-gay, anti-Christian liberal. They make it a criminal act to disagree with them!
[right][snapback]894323[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote name='Light and Truth' date='Feb 22 2006, 11:40 PM']Alright, I'm offended.  If a gay couple wants to do that, they are free to do so.  This is as offensive though as a very pro-homosexuality person might find a cartoon of a gay couple being severly punished by a plague of onlookers.  This isn't promoting tolerance.  It's mixing up two major religions with something they are both very much morally opposed to and seeing no problem with it.  Tolerance does not necessitate a change in how we see morality, only how we see each other.  Tolerance must also go both ways.

:maddest:  :mellow: not cool.
[right][snapback]895308[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, I'm absolutely sick of ppl always picking on conservative religions and then preaching tolerance. I'm so bringing this up at our next diversity club meeting at school

As far as Canadian cities go, there's only 4 big ones, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa... that are way to far "left".

Winnipeg is just a giant sprawling suburb with a big mall in the middle...
:ninja:

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Feb 21 2006, 11:22 AM']It seems liberals listen to violence, let's go out and trash our cities now and burn Canadian flags!
lol
[right][snapback]893753[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:maddest: :maddest: :maddest:
WHAT!!!???!?!?!?

Oh wait that's a joke...

Actually, if everything keeps going the way they are now for Canada, I definately will not have a Canadian flag in my home much longer. I'll hang a flag of the Vatican outside my house though. ^_^